Big Diesel Tribute - Taking A Moment

Michelle Sopi

Over the past couple of years I had met the legend that is 'Diesel' in Heaton Park, and felt at that time that he had an awesome presence.  Another fact that was more noticeable to me  was that he looked more like Taiya's twin than her brother Leon (a grey). They we both reds with white faces and had a blue right eye and a brown left eye. Val and Big 'D'  gave up their New Years Eve 2012 to 'pound' the streets' with Leon and me to search a huge area in Moston, Manchester when Taiya went missing for 5 long days December 2012 into January 2013.  The search took place in the pouring rain and the only one who moaned about it was me - soaked to the skin it was me who had to call time on the search as Val and Diesel were prepared to search on into the night.  To me both Val and 'Big D' are now and always will be (and Steve) a huge part of our Husky Community - never giving a thought for themselves but where they are needed - I vote that Diesels picture should always be at the forefront of the forum picture in the header. I rest my case.

When i went to my first husky camp the one main dog i wanted to see was big d.

Well it was love at first sight :wub:

I chased him with my camera trying to get photos of him lol and he would not stand still!

Will always be remembered and missed :( run free big man xxx

You guys are making me cry. Again. What an honor to Big D that all of you were touched by such a remarkable Husky. When God made Big D, he must have broke the mold. There will never be another one like him.

And equally Diesel was lucky to have found you and Steve - as I know from your stories that you weren't Diesels first Mum and Dad - you gave him the best years of his life - you made up for everything when he was passed from pillar to post - you were finally his forever home, a home he truly deserved.