Prayers Please Please Please

CARRINGTON

Charlene was born today by c-section and was doing good but needed some oxygen and needed to run tests since she was so big (8 lbs 5 oz at 34+5 weeks). Before any tests were ran her breathing and symptoms got worse fast. They tried all they could and found that she has no surfactant in her lungs, her lungs are structurally developed but she is quite big and they found one side of heart isn't effectively pumping blood to her lungs. She has to be life flown to a larger hospital 3 hours away and the next 4 days are critical. We need prayers, please keep this bumped I need all the prayers and positivity I can get.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always my thoughts and prayers are with you and Zach. You've had such a difficult pregnancy throughout I just pray the love being sent to Charlene keeps her strong whilst the wonders of the medical team do their work xx Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Oh god I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending you a whole truck load of prayers right now. :grouphug:

Mine were born at 36 and 34 weeks and were 5lb1 and 4lb7 respectively. So to me an 8lb5 baby is big.

Keep us updated if you can, I think it's safe to say we're all here behind you and Charlene, willing her to make a speedy recovery. Xxx

Sorry Al.

Update everyone: after hearing from my husband she is out of the most critical period. Her nitric oxide has been lowered so she is doing more breathing on her own. She now has jaundice but everyone says that's normal and least of our problems. Her blood pressure is good and heart rate is good but she can no longer be touched for a while. She is in a warmed confined box where they want little movement which is making her mad and so touching her makes her madder and send BP through the roof. She is more pink today and opening her eyes. I talked to the neonatologist and said if I was able to hold out until 37 weeks would this have been prevented and they said by the time she would have been born she would have been 14 pounds almost and babies of type 1 moms are usually behind one week in internal developments and they think with her being so big and her heart with as many problems as it did that if we would have waited she would have been stillborn or wouldn't have made it long outside of me. So although not glad she could have died and she was born at 34 weeks I am glad it happened when it did so she had more of a fighting chance.

As for me I am doing better. I was in the hospital on Tuesday for extremely high blood pressure and protein in urine. Thursday morning I had such a bad headache that not even vicadin touched it and my vision was so blurry I couldn't see in front of me. They were afraid I would go into kidney failure if I stayed pregnant much longer so started to induce that night. However, the babies heart wasn't responding well, my BP was 170-190 over 140-150, my heart was racing, I had chest pain, fluid on lungs. Now it was life and death for Charlene and I so c-section set for 1 hour so all could be set up and I could get spinal tap. I had her she was 8pounds 5 ounces. However BP was still dangerous and it would be a waiting game. My husband had to make the hard decision to stay with his sick wife or go with sick baby. I am so glad he has been so strong through it all

Really glad your both doing better. :)

And I was born at 23 weeks, the doctors thought I would be "disabled, deaf, dumb, and blind" and tried to convince my parents to pull the plug. My Mom, in her shock, agreed...but my Dad stuck to his guns and threatened to sue if they let me go.

I'm (obviously) alive and doing relatively well. So, recovery is always possible. Don't let them doctors tell you anything different. :)