New Member West Tx

olmoggy

hello all, new guy here with 2 huskies small one is Nook 12 years old, larger one is Lola 3 years old. both rescued when very young. no kids, so these are mine and my wifes babies. nook gets very moody when she doesent get her daily walk, and lola is just happy to b in a loving home. to say they r spoiled is an understatement. well here they r. glad i found this site post-11042-13846597825659_thumb.jpgpost-11042-13846598215366_thumb.jpgpost-11042-13846598470077_thumb.jpgpost-11042-13846599305382_thumb.jpg

sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now wait a minute here!  You're a long way from West, Texas, it's down in McClennon county - a couple of hundred miles south east of you.  And I'm down in west Texas, down by the Big Bend National Park so I'm in west Texas - looking at the map you're about as close to central Texas as they come!

And all the foolishness to the side, Welcome to the forum, there are a few of us Texans on here!  Though most aren't as remote as I am and some even come from towns that are larger than yours is!  << tease >>

thats funny cause in abilene which is 8 miles from me we have the west tx rehab center, the west tx fair and rodeo is held in abilene at the fair grounds, every day on the news for as long as i have lived here they call it west tx. we have a museum called frontier tx that explains the history of this area for the past 200 yrs they call it west tx. im just goin by what i see. glad to b on here

sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

<< laughing >>  I'm a transplant from northern New York - came down here in 78 so I've been here a while.  The definition I've seen of "west Texas" is a lot like the definition of "upstate New York".  There anything that's 100 miles north of New York City is "upstate" (even though it's still 400 miles south south east of from where I'm from); the line for "west Texas" seems to be somewhere between Austin and Dallas/Ft Worth.  San Antonio - approx half way across the state is definitely in west Texas.  Is it safe to say that the (historical) cow towns are what determines west Texas?

Like your dogs ... good pictures of them and thanks for that - we do like to see the furry friends!

no problem. we love these dogs, took some time to understand at first with the first one, but i think we have it down now cause the second has been no problems. thanks for the welcome sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

Hey Brian, welcome. I have driven through Texas a few times. It is true, everything is big in Texas. Well, I can honestly say that I am from eastern Iowa. Three miles down the road is the Mississippi River, where I can look across and see Illinois.

thanks, tryin to get to know my way around the site. is there a place to just post random pics of the dogs without starting new topics. really interested in seeing other members dogs and sharing photos of ours sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

thanks, tryin to get to know my way around the site. is there a place to just post random pics of the dogs without starting new topics. really interested in seeing other members dogs and sharing photos of ours sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

I don't think there is; if you come on as a site sponsor you get your own area under "Site Sponsor Diaries" and some people have used that as a way of tracking their pups "growing up".

Again, I think, the preference would be that you start a new topic, we like to see what's going on with our friends, worldwide, and a new topic puts it at the top of the page for a while.

Good morning -- argh!!! -- I don't do mornings well!

Welcome to husky owners!

If you'd like to post pics without starting a thread then take a look at the gallery area of the forum. You can find it at the top of the page, under our heading there's a list of options. Should see gallery fifth from the left. Have fun! :)