Walking A Husky

karanvirsaini

It's taken a hell of a lot of patience and our pup Zara still isn't great (she's 13 months old), but I've stuck with stopping dead every time she pulls. She doesn't respond to corrections and I am tiny so it's important she walks well for me to be able to walk her. I didn't want to go down the check collar/martingale as I didn't want them to damage her coat, just my own personal choice. She's still nuts every morning for the first 500 meters, especially if there are sheep close to the roads we walk along but she's getting much better.

Unfortunately my parter is double my size, doesn't have much interest in learning leash work and can control her easily. I really notice the difference after he takes her for a few runs, she really regresses. After reading some responses I'm guessing she loves the pulling feeling!! Being on the same page and using the same strategies for everyone who walks your husky would help a lot.

I'm planning to keep sticking with it though, hopefully in another 12 months once she's fully out of the puppy stage we'll have a well-behaved walker lol!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic