â– If you could live in any time period in history, when would it be?

Dunc

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Microsoft didn't even know 1.0 inside and out. :)

LMAO that's coz they stole/bought/copied in part. Most of the code and

Jerry rigged it with a user front end.

and as usual the winner gets to write the history books.

The 1970's, but as a 26 year old. For some reason I find this period really comfortable, especially when I look back at the old movies from that era... smile.gif

What flaired trousers and platform shoes, not forgetting shirts open to the waist and loads of gold medallions on men of all shapes and sizes!!! Also no internet so no forum. Been there, done that, got the badge, wouldn't go back. For me its gotta be the 21st cent as I like all the conveniences we have and cars with aircon and power steering.

Ancient Egypt. To see that architecture and craftsmanship happening. :)

Part of me would like to live in the pioneering age, where people farmed and hunted for their food. Didn't have to commute to work, far fewer taxes to pay, a much simpler life... On the other hand, I have to admit that I DO enjoy travel and seeing new things, and I LOVE many of the modern conveniences we have, including electricity and indoor plumbing - plus the Internet! Without it, there are so many wonderful people I would never have met. :)

WOULD love to have a time machine and be able to visit quite a number of places and times throughout history, though!!!:click:

What flaired trousers and platform shoes, not forgetting shirts open to the waist and loads of gold medallions on men of all shapes and sizes!!! Also no internet so no forum. Been there, done that, got the badge, wouldn't go back. For me its gotta be the 21st cent as I like all the conveniences we have and cars with aircon and power steering.

Yeah, I was a teenager in the 70's. Went through the bell bottom jeans, star jeans, hair down to the middle of my back, on my way to the KISS concert, make sure to stop and get some Columbian gold...

Well I actually remember some of it. It comes to me occasionally in bright pink and yellow flashes. I remember the first digital watch I ever saw. I remember my aunt buying the first microwave in the family. We all rushed over and huddled around, watching expectantly while she demonstrated how she could boil a glass of water. It only took 4 minutes and the microwave was the size of a Pontiac.

I remember using the term Far Out. Though groovy was a little before me THANK GOD. I remember my step father getting the first cable TV which was pretty awesome. Instead of only having 6 channels, he got 11 with a slightly improved picture. Of course there were no VCR's yet, therefore when a movie came out, if you didn't see it in the theater you had to wait for it to come on tv. But here's the tricky part. If it was airing on channel 7 Thursday night at 8:00, you had to make sure you were there in front of your TV or you'd never see the show.

Yeah, I was a teenager in the 70's. Went through the bell bottom jeans, star jeans, hair down to the middle of my back, on my way to the KISS concert, make sure to stop and get some Columbian gold...

Well I actually remember some of it. It comes to me occasionally in bright pink and yellow flashes. I remember the first digital watch I ever saw. I remember my aunt buying the first microwave in the family. We all rushed over and huddled around, watching expectantly while she demonstrated how she could boil a glass of water.

I remember using the term Far Out. Though groovy was a little before me THANK GOD. I remember my step father getting the first cable TV which was pretty awesome. Instead of only having 6 channels, he got 11 with a slightly improved picture. Of course there were no VCR's yet, therefore when a movie came out, if you didn't see it in the theater you had to wait for it to come on tv. But here's the tricky part. If it was airing on channel 7 Thursday night at 8:00, you had to make sure you were there in front of your TV or you'd never see the show.

Did your car have an 8 track or a cassette player?

I am enamored with the part of US history following the Civil War and into the turn of the 20th Century. Like Dunc, I'd love to have been alive during the Wild West Era. Maybe not a gunslinger, but maybe a rich cattle baron. Love old shows like "Have Gun Will Travel", "Gunsmoke", "Wagon Train", etc.

yep that one stumped me.. sat and thought and cant really decide when would have been the best time. so im left with one option.. go back about 25 /30 years and not make the same mistakes. get a better education / stay out of trouble with the police / and pick my women and friends more wisely.

yep that one stumped me.. sat and thought and cant really decide when would have been the best time. so im left with one option.. go back about 25 /30 years and not make the same mistakes. get a better education / stay out of trouble with the police / and pick my women and friends more wisely.

Richard, you are being very wise today - great choice.

And I can relate to that as well. But more like 35/40 years!