Oh Hell Yeah

Andy

what the heck stops you flying off the end?? :jawdrop:  you must get up to some speed from that height :eek:

Well, if you look close there's this little hill at the bottom that you go up before you drop into the pool at the bottom! Which sounds to me like the perfect spot to be sent into orbit!

Quoting from the link:

The current tallest waterslide in the world is Brazil’s Insano, standing 134.5 feet high, with riders hitting speeds of 62.5 mph. The Meg-a-Blaster should go a little faster and, with a second hill at the bottom and my lack of a physics degree leaving me flummoxed, I can’t see how people won’t go flying off the end of the flume and into the sunset.

On Brazil's "Insano" (the insane one? sounds about right) you hit 62.5 MPH on the drop over the top (( notice I said YOU hit 62.5 - *I* won't! ))

One of the comments was: it must take a lot of water if they have to change it every time someone (politely) messes their knickers .... yep!

Reference: Something to look up, but definitely not to do!

Top Thrill Dragster in Sandusky, OH  - - - 90degree drop - that's straight down!

Zero to 120 MPH in less than 4 seconds. A few seconds later, you’re 420 feet in the air. In the race for pure adrenaline thrills, there is one winner: Top Thrill Dragster. Nothing else compares to this high-horsepower shot into the sky. From a standing start you’re launched forward, then straight up, then straight down and back to the finish line. The ride may be over in 17 seconds, but it’ll stay with you forever.

Reference: Something to look up, but definitely not to do!

Top Thrill Dragster in Sandusky, OH - - - 90degree drop - that's straight down!

I actually rode this ride and it is awesome!!! In fact it was the first year it had opened and the ride got shut down while we were in line. The dummies we are we waited in line for it to reopen!!