Milkman

Val (Zebedee)

A few weeks back, there was a knock on the door & a milkman was looking for new customers. We go through milk like there is no tomorrow, so I placed an order. The fact it gets delivered before I go to work at 6.50am is a massive bonus, so it's not sitting out all day in the weather, alerting passers by that we are obviously not in :rolleyes:

I was led to believe I could pay online, another bonus so if you miss the collector, you don't fall behind. They took my email address so I would receive a welcome pack where I could sort it all out.

So I waited & waited for an email, nothing. The collector came in the day time on Friday & left a little envelope requesting I leave the payment out for him on the Monday, which I did this week - it never got collected. I left it out again Wednesday (we get a delivery Monday, Wednesday & Friday) when it got soaking wet, envelope & cheque. I called the dairy on Wednesday but got no answer, only an answer machine to leave my details but I was in & out driving on that day so didn't. I tried to log in to the website & set up an account to pay direct but I got a message saying an administrator would have to activate it. I'm still waiting for that too so I sent an email explaining everything.

I got a reply - she has never heard of the website telling people they will need their account activating & she will pass it to the directors to let them know! And she works 09.30 - 15.30 so is only contactable between those hours Monday to Friday .... I work 07.30 - 16.00 weekdays :rolleyes: So I have tried to log in again but still get the "wait to be activated" message.

Now I come home to a payment envelope through the door asking for the 2 weeks payment and in capital letters "PLEASE PAY!" on the front :o

I'm flipping trying to!!! :angry:  How hard is it to pay a company for goods received?? I thought if you were giving them money, they'd make it easy, it's usually when you want a refund or money back that you struggle :arghh:

Well, I have written a second cheque to make up the difference for the second week which is in the envelope & will go out again on Monday & see if it gets collected now :dramaqueen:

That would be aggravating.  Sounds like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Oh dear :-S

I do hope there isn't anything dodgy going on!!

I gave up on my milk man years ago as although I liked the convenience, it quickly became another bill rather than the odd pound here and there when we need milk. Which in our house is pretty often, we generally go through 4 pints a day!!

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

I'm fascinated you still have milkmen!!

Did not even give that a thought. Milk routes have been gone from the area I live in for over 25 years.

So you put the envelope with cheque out.

He delivers milk but doesn't take the envelope, then harrasses you (by note) to pay.

Sounds like you have a dumbass milkman

well the cheques have gone this morning so I'll wait for the phone call to say I've still not paid, or something else is amiss! This is about the 4th milkman we've had since we've lived here, each one only lasted a few months maximum cos they were useless, I was hoping this one would be different