Christmas!

Val (Zebedee)

Now, before you all think Grumpy has brain-washed me, I don't mean I want to rant about Christmas! :lol:

Why are people putting decorations up now?? It is still November  :huh:  There is a house round the corner that put their tree, decs & outside blue icicle lights up last Wednesday - is it me or is it still WAY too early?? I would get to hate the decorations if they were up so long.

When do you put your decorations etc up? I do it the second week of December. I get a real tree too, if I got that any earlier, I would just have branches with no needles left by Christmas Day! When do you write your cards to post too?

What do you all think?

Usually the first or second week depends when i have time. To be honest i doubt i would bother if i didn't have the kids because we are never at home Christmas day or boxing day xx

Edited by Leyka&Diva

Put them up roughIy 2wks before xmas and always want to take them down after boxing day as i have had enough by then. I make my cards myself and usually start them in the summer so that is usually when i write them. I totally agree with you Val it seems to get earlier and earlier every year to me when the shops and other people put their decs up. My own personal opinion i wish they would do it 2wks before the big day. Make it exciting again and not a drag

Now, before you all think Grumpy has brain-washed me, I don't mean I want to rant about Christmas! :lol:

Why are people putting decorations up now?? It is still November  :huh:  There is a house round the corner that put their tree, decs & outside blue icicle lights up last Wednesday - is it me or is it still WAY too early?? I would get to hate the decorations if they were up so long.

When do you put your decorations etc up? I do it the second week of December. I get a real tree too, if I got that any earlier, I would just have branches with no needles left by Christmas Day! When do you write your cards to post too?

What do you all think?

I usually leave the decorations until the last 1-2 weeks, then leave them up past New Year's. I get a real tree too (Balsam Fir!) usually 1.5-2 weeks before Christmas. I found if I get it before then the needles fall off and it looks pretty bad on Christmas day. :P

Christmas is getting earlier and earlier, or it seems to be..  Decorations definitely no earlier than the first weekend in December, ok leave most of them up till the 12th night . But the radios have been mentioning Christmas since October ... All the hype spoils it  imo .

The shops here start putting there decorations up around oct, houses there was a house around the corner that started putting there outdoor decorations mid oct but they do there house up really nice and have a Santa, wishing well, bubble machine, and a whole heap of others I'll have to get a pic of it :)

Where my Aunty in law lives one of the people in the street use to do up half the street and the inside of there 3 story house it was absolutely amazing to look at they had thousands of visitors and had a wishing well for a charity :)

We don't put up outside decorations can't afford the power lol we just do Xmas tree usually the 1st dec and take it down on the 1st jean have to find somewhere for it this year might have to be the kitchen table lol

We have a string of Christmas lights we use as Champ's night light so those stay up all year but are only turned on at night or when he's going to be alone while we're at work just in case it gets dark.  My little Christmas tree I won't put up until after Thanksgiving.  Both of us work in retail so by the time Christmas actually comes around I want to scream at the next person who wishes me happy holidays and I can't stand carols at all because I've been listening to them over and over for a month by the time the actual holiday comes around.

Non of my family can grasp why it is I hate christmas so much. Don't get me wrong, I used to love christmas, but, it now seems to be rammed down your throat from late September onwards. Tooooo much. I can live with the tree going up during the 1st week of December. These days, seems to come down around the day after going up, thanks dogs. :D. The cards normally go out around the same time just to ensure that they get there. If there are any decs left after the dogs have had their say then they are taken down on the 2nd January as by then it has become a burden. Why can't things go back to how they used to be so that we can all feel the magic of chrismas again.

Gary.  

I am a total bah humbug. I like Christmas on Christmas day and not before. Also I don't do presents cos I cant be arsed with shopping in the crowds, for something which may well not be appreciated.  Christmas for me is spending quality time with those that I love

Didnt put tree up last year as Solo just came to us and was zooming round a lot, also wanted him to settle without a lot of new things. Daughter moved back in feb and do living room full of boxes so no room. Christmas seems to have lost all meaning and workjng in a school I am usually all christmassed out by middle of december lol. As long as he gets turkey rob dont care. X hooe uou all have a peaceful one x.

My tree got destroyed last year so I decided this year I'm going to get a real one. Normally I put up decorations just after the 10th December due to it being my sons bday and choosing to separate the two celebrations. However this year due to getting a real tree I guess the routine needs to be later? Never bought a real tree before so this is going to be a very interesting experiment! Lol

Around here most people do it early.  I was planning to hang the lights up outside yesterday but didn't have time, plus it was only about 20F out!  So I plan to put them up Wednesday.  I always put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving, which to us is like the official start of the holiday.  And the decorations come down on New Year's Day.

Ours will go up about two weeks before xmas as we have a real tree. I love xmas but must admit i get pretty fed up of the decs quite quickly so they come down as soon as my kids allow it after the big day!

I'll be cutting down a lot on decs this year anyway as i don't want to give Aurora to many opportunities to eat random things!! 

My neighbours put theirs up a week ago!! And there are loads, It's just nuts!!

I'll be putting mine up 12 days before Christmas and will take them down the weekend after New Year :-D

I must admit I'm beginning to get excited, done a bit of shopping this weekend and went to a Christmas Fayre :-D

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk