New Members And Our First Husky

dslojera

hi guys :wave: . we're new here (forum) and we bought our first husky around june and we're very happy that we did. his name is Zeus, we got him when he was 8 weeks and now he's about 6 months, maybe a little more. hope you guys enjoy :D

when we got our baby Zeus

IMAG0656_zps1cd05a62.jpgIMAG0665_1_zpsa5024116.jpg

and then...he grew (with his buddy Gator)

IMAG0761_zpsca82d3fe.jpggetting them Zzzz's

20131025_114909_zps8a752723.jpg

his halloween costume

20131031_190257_zpsc271ca3b.jpg

days before his surgery

20131102_003444_zpsbeb094a2.jpg

Screenshot_2013-10-24-11-21-10_zps7fc749

after the surgery

IMAG0790_zps754fe1b7.jpg

staring contest with his toy LOL

IMAG0795_zpsffc7a6a4.jpg

My, what a handsome boy :rolleyes: he is goooorrrrrgggeeeoooouuuussssss !!!!

thank you

Welcome to the forum! Great pics, he's gorgeous, how's his leg now? Hope he's recovered well from his op. :)

thank you. his leg is better now, just waiting for recovery , which is 8 weeks :banghead: til' he can run/play again

:hello:  :welcomepack:  Zeus is a very good looking dog

thank you

He was running chasing my friend's dog and he slipped on our hardwood floor while turning on a corner. He started limping so we took him to the vet and they did an xray. They found that he had a mild tibial crest avulsion. The vet recommended vetprofen as an anti-inflammatory and no extrenous activity for a couple of months to rest that leg. After a couple of months, there was no improvement and he started having crepitus on his knee. The limping would stop if that leg doesn't get tired. Since there were no improvements, we decided to have the surgery done. It's been a week since the surgery and he's got 7 more weeks to go for recovery. It's so hard keeping him crated cuz he's a puppy and he just wants to run and play. He's gone through so many toys this past week. And half of the time he doesn't wanna eat. We figured it's cuz he's either bored with his food or he just doesn't feel hungry cuz he's not getting any exercise. He used to eat 2 cups a day and now he barely eats a cup and he needs food for his medications. It's been hard just leaving him in his crate but we make sure one of us (me or my husband) is in the room with him so he doesn't feel isolated.