Baby Pictures With Updates!!!

CARRINGTON

My little bundle of joy is still in NICU but she is doing a lot better. I want to thank everyone for the positive thoughts and prayers. She no longer has the tube in her mouth but in her nose that gives her just a little bit of oxygen. She is being fed through a feeding tube but is up to 80ml every 3 hours. We have practiced skin to skin but she is still confused on what to do as far as breast feeding but we are slowly working on it. Today we were given the ok to be the ones to change her diapers, change her clothes, give her sponge baths, pick her up when we would like (as long as she is not eating and for 15 minutes after feeding so she doesn't throw up), and we can even swaddle her or unswaddle her when we feel necessary. We are hoping that she will be transported back to Columbia where we live sometime this week, but insurance may not cover it and it will cost us $10,000 plus dollars to transfer her if insurance does not cover it (which is money we do not have so she would have to stay there if they do not cover it). So now without further delay here are pictures!!!!!!!

988749_10200980667143660_1029145515_n.jp

This is my husband and her today as you can tell she already has him wrapped around her little finger.

1459967_10200935463573599_1839785143_n.j

Me getting to hold her for the first time which was 5 days after she was born

The rest are on my phone so I will have to update with more pictures when I get them.

Aww, congrats! When did you have her? I hope that with each day she gets stronger and that much closer to coming home. Having a baby in the NICU is tough, and I wish you all the best. :)

Sorry it took me so long to reply I had her November 15, 2013 at 11:19am via an emergency c-section. I was 34 weeks pregnant with her but had preeclampsia which put both lives in danger so she had to be pulled out at 34 weeks. She was 8 pounds and 5 ounces, 21 inches long and cute as a button!!!

It's fine, you're very busy. :) Oh that's scary, I've never had that, but I've heard how dangerous it can be for the mother and baby. I'm glad that they got her out and that you both are doing well. :) And wow, that's an impressive weight for 34 weeks! I had my son at 34 weeks in 2010 and he was 5 lbs 13 oz, so almost 6 pounds, lol. 

I just love the pics you posted, I can't wait to see more as she grows. :)

Sorry it took me so long to reply I had her November 15, 2013 at 11:19am via an emergency c-section. I was 34 weeks pregnant with her but had preeclampsia which put both lives in danger so she had to be pulled out at 34 weeks. She was 8 pounds and 5 ounces, 21 inches long and cute as a button!!!

• 2 weeks later...