How Do I Register My Male Siberian As A Stud Dog?

DogBone

So I have a year old male Siberian Husky that i had bought off of some one from Craigslist.

I plan on having him DNA tested/registered to see if he is a pure breed (im 100% sure he is), I want to have him registered for a Stud dog but I have no history of his bloodline and I dont know if any of his ancestors were ever registered.

I looked at the AKC site and read everything but im still lost. 

Does he have to have a family member registered inorder to be registered and licensed for stud?

what steps do i take to get him on the path to be registered as a stud?

Hidden

Both of his parents have to be registered with the AKC and the litter has to be registered by the breeder in order to obtain AKC registration.  Without such paperwork there is no way to register your dog, even with DNA as registration is for lineage tracking.  Ideally you should have at LEAST a 5 generation understanding of your lines your dog comes from.  What are their predominant traits, any health issues you need to be aware of, proof of functionality/quality through showing/working. Your dog will have to under go genetic health testing prior to being able to be considered for breeding quality.  These tests are to include OFA (Orthopedic Foundation For Animals) hip testing, obtaining a score of Good or higher.  Annual CERF (eye exams by a ACVO vet) exams showing no abnormalities.  To be frank, your dog is from Craigslist you know nothing about- he should be neutered rather than risk passing genetic disease-

I agree with the two comments above. Even if he had papers and confirmed no defects, I would suggest he should be a winner in the show ring before thinking of breeding from him. I have a fantastic dog, good looking, no defects, pulls well. I don't however know his history so the first thing I did on getting him was to get him neutered. There are already too many poorly breed huskies out there - I don't want to add to the problem, and I must say that I think Storm is a much better dog for it. His temperament was already good, but he really is now a dog that I can take anywhere and put into any situation with other dogs, kids etc without any undue worries.

I have nothing to add except to agree with the previous comments.  I have a female who is quite probably a pure bred but since she's a rescue from San Antonio, the first thing I did was to have her spayed.  In the realm of rescue dogs (and buying one from Craigslist is essentially the same as a recuse), there's nothing to be gained by having an intact animal.

I too agree with the replies. One must understand, that breeding is not something to undertake without proper knowledge. There is so much involved. Any reputable breeder would not even give consideration to use a stud without the genetic checks, five generation lineage, and evidence of show results. If by some chance you have thoughts of financial rewards from offering stud service, it simply is not going to happen. If, on the other hand you are genuinely interested in improving the breed, you will take these replies to heart.