First Husky Puppy - Meet Aurora

suzisunshine8524

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum! Aurora is gorgeous and IMO you've chose the best name ever lol.

As for advice I'm still learning myself but deff invest in a crate !

And enjoy her. Also take LOTS off pictures they really do change so much when they are little :)

If there's one thing I'm learning is yes huskies are hard work but so worth it, their personalities are like nothing I've ever known, amazing dogs xx

Welcome to the forum! Aurora is gorgeous and IMO you've chose the best name ever lol.

As for advice I'm still learning myself but deff invest in a crate !

And enjoy her. Also take LOTS off pictures they really do change so much when they are little :)

If there's one thing I'm learning is yes huskies are hard work but so worth it, their personalities are like nothing I've ever known, amazing dogs xx

i agree :)

Lol

shes beautiful xx

how lovely, i am feeling the need for a fourth husky.

my personal advice that worked for me.

don't let you puppy bite you or any family member or get away with any bad behaviour just because she is a puppy, be firm or you will have problems correcting it when she is older.  

if you are playing and your puppy misbehaves for example biting,  a commanding "no" and stop playing for 5 minutes worked for us 

puppies love to chew so get her things to chew on

try not to "baby" her 

be the boss think i am the boss and you will be fine.

post loads of pics, we are all nutty for huskies on here 

Welcome! Looks like you've got plenty of good advice, be sure to take note of what food she's eating when she comes home with you. Huskies can have sensitive tummies so a sudden change of diet could result in a pup with a poorly bottom. Not much fun! Good luck, I bet youre counting down the days already! Very exciting! :)

:hello: good evening and :welcome:  to the greatest forum in the world. I personally didn't worry about husky proofing our house when our pups came along. Plenty of patience and teach her right from wrong. Just think that, as the bug bites, there will come a need for another and when the next one comes along if the first one has been taught right from wrong the next will learn from the first. Good luck with your new addition and enjoy every moment. They change an awful lot in the first 6 months so get plenty of pics. You'll never believe the change till you look back on the pics.!!!!!!

Gary.