Bought My Own Dog But Is She A Husky?

makoto

Usually when I see these kind of questions I tend to look up some of the closest photos I can find of different breeds. Below I included a few: A husky I know is pure breed, your dog and a short coated Border Collie:

post-2355-0-19460600-1385681155.jpg

post-2355-0-16986700-1385681157.jpg

post-2355-0-89910400-1385681496.jpg

It's not possible to say 100% sure but I'd say she resembles quite a lot of a Border Collie. Of course, huskies can come in huge amount of variations and they tend change a lot while they grow up. Even as a mix it may very well be possible she'll start to show up more similarities to huskies in the future.

I would say though that the one who told you she's a pure breed husky has been lying to you. However, no matter what she may be mixed with, she's a cutie  :wub:

Also, welcome to the forum!

Someone's going to point me toward a half dozen who don't, but I've never seen a Husky (that I can remember) that didn't have a real bushy tail with a fairly good white tip at the end.

I agree that she may be partly Husky but I also agree that I don't things anywhere near pure Husky - that to the side, she looks cute and she also looks smart as a whip!  Whatever she is she looks like she could be a lot of fun for a good many years.

Hi! thank you all for your answers :)

while I was sort of coming to this conclusion and mad at the seller. I still love her very much.

She is an amazing pup. Now at least, I can start researching the other breed just to have a better idea of what her needs and energy might be like

thanks again for the welcome :)

Welcome to the forum - and another person from Canada! And Quebec, too! Beautiful province, been there a few times. :)

I, too, think she isn't a purebred. Looks crossed with a collie of some sort...maybe a Border Collie? She's beautiful, though. 

Why don't you encourage your brother to join the forum, if she is his? We accept all husky-mixes here. :)

Someone's going to point me toward a half dozen who don't, but I've never seen a Husky (that I can remember) that didn't have a real bushy tail with a fairly good white tip at the end.

I agree that she may be partly Husky but I also agree that I don't things anywhere near pure Husky - that to the side, she looks cute and she also looks smart as a whip! Whatever she is she looks like she could be a lot of fun for a good many years.

good point about the tail. both mine are short hair, look completly different, but they both have the bushy tail with the white tip

sent thru smoke signals directly out the top of my teepee!!!

And don't forget to stay with us.

We are one of the few sites out there that aren't bothered if she's not full breed.

We love all types of dawgs.

Keep us updated on how she's growing up. :D

I agree that she may be partly Husky but I also agree that I don't things anywhere near pure Husky - that to the side, she looks cute and she also looks smart as a whip! Whatever she is she looks like she could be a lot of fun for a good many years.

mine have the bushy tail but blaze doesn't have a white tip ;-) lol