Do Pups Need More Food Then Adults?

ZachAttack

I just read the feeding guide for my dog online at http://www.wellbeloved.com/ideal-bodyweight/dog-feeding-guides  and it says assuming my dog will be around 25kg at adult weight he now needs 390g at 6 months old yet when hes an adult he'll only need from 330-475g which on average is about the same.

Is this right? How much do you guys feed your 6 month old and adult pups? Please don't any Americans use the term 'cups' as I have no idea what your on about :) Grams is proper English :D :D :D :D :D

Young puppies need to be fed less than adults.

However they do need to be fed more often than adults.

An adult Husky (18 months+) only requires feeding twice per day

Some dogs only once as per thier own preference.

puppies may need feeding smaller amounts up to 4 times per day.

Huskies have very sensitive stomachs and overfeeding

Will cause diarrhea.

You simply need to reduce the amount until the fluid poop becomes solid.

Ah i see so each individual dog is different? The food and amount he's on is doing fine for him its just anything at all treat wise i give him will cause the runs. I feel sorry for him i really want to treat him but I can't find anything that makes his stools normal

Ah i see so each individual dog is different? The food and amount he's on is doing fine for him its just anything at all treat wise i give him will cause the runs. I feel sorry for him i really want to treat him but I can't find anything that makes his stools normal

Exactly.

What treats are you giving him and how often ??

Well hes had these little ones which i didn't realise until later they are actually multivitamins and the other day he had a hard crunchy treat in the shape of a bone, Hes OK with cooked meat that's about it so far

Could be too much of the multivitamins.

What kind of cooked meat was it ??