Puppy Toys

suzisunshine8524

Good Evening Everyone,

For those who don't already know - we will be picking up our little girl Aurora, after Christmas - so excited!

I was wondering what toys you would recommend for a 9 week old husky pup?

I have heard the puppy 'kong' is great - can anyone tell me if it is effective and what size I would need? I was thinking the medium puppy one??

Any other ideas would be much appreciated  :D

Many thanks

This is Aurora btw at 4 1/2 weeks!!!!! (she's the one in the middle) 

post-11093-0-43636800-1385842120_thumb.j

post-11093-0-91592600-1385842159_thumb.j

She's lovely,

The kong is the best toy that we've got soo far, I use a mixture of the puppy paste and biscuits keeps Luna busy for ages.

I can also recommend the following toys from pets at home

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/wainwright-s-ruff-n-tuff-large-fox-102751

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/multi-squeaker-monkey-by-pets-at-home-104409

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/dog-triple-bone-value-kit-dog-toy-by-nylabone-32958

They've all lasted 7 weeks(so far) where others lasted a day, I would avoid rope toys as puppy teeth are sharp and can easily break bits off.

Hope this helps

Dan

Kongs are great :)

When they start teething i wet a hand towel and froze it then gave it them to chew on to help sooth their gums - they also had stuffed toys but made sure they haven't got plastic eye's that they can chew off and choke on x

Congratulations!

Puppy toys............ahhh, those were the days.

Ryn loved her puppy kong (but no longer likes Kongs now - age 3) She preferred soft toys that she could carry around with her. And I have to say that the frozen wash cloth was a wonderful 'trick' during teething.

She also enjoyed nomming on the couch, the chairs and once even the wall behind her crate. Seemed like no matter what toy I gave her, she preferred the furniture. So just be aware that they don't always want what you provide them and unless you have eyes in the back of your head, there will more than likely be some damage that takes place, despite your most capable efforts.

You'll need to accept that fact and know that those things are just THINGS and they can be replaced, but the love that your pup will provide over the coming years cannot. 

That isn't to say that they can't/won't learn. It's just being realistic............

OH! And one word of advice. When your very well-behaved puppy NEVER chews up anything that it shouldn't, DON'T tell anyone. I mean ANYONE! (Because as soon as you do, the pup will then destroy something it shouldn't. Trust me on this! Ryn was always so good and the minute I told someone that, it began and my furniture turned to rags.)

Have fun, take loads of photos and enjoy the adventure that is being owned by a siberian husky.