I Am Admitted

mydiamond

Yayy Olivia, congrats!! :D

Super happy for you, I know how hard it is to get into some universities!  I didn't get into my first choice...best of luck!

Just out of curiosity, do you have to get your American citizenship to study in the U.S? Or how does that work? 

Yayy Olivia, congrats!! :D

Super happy for you, I know how hard it is to get into some universities!  I didn't get into my first choice...best of luck!

Just out of curiosity, do you have to get your American citizenship to study in the U.S? Or how does that work? 

they have a special visa for students :) doesn't make me a permanent resident though

and thanks! :D 

ok time for a mini rant.. 

I seriously can't take it anymore. I never really liked my parents but atm I'm about to explode :( I know I should've told my mom first but she's accompanying my grandma at the hospital. I can't wait 2-3 days so I told my dad. "Dad I got admitted at Ohio".

First reaction: "But you applied for MSU??" (("you told me to apply for both??"))

second reaction: "you have to focus on what you want and where are you going in life!! You can't doubt yourself and go sideways or change your mind! Remember this is not cheap!" 

ARGH!!! :( I got scolded for announcing a good news?? Where's my "congratulations"? What did I even say/do? When did I ever "doubt myself", "go sideways" or "change my mind"?? 

This is stupid. Apparently I'm not allowed to be happy  :mellow: I'll crawl back to my burrow then

Congratulations!

Maybe your dad was concerned you'd Give up trying for your first choice and just settle for second best. Sounds like he wants nothing but the best for his daughter. Parents don't always show it and are sometimes downright mean but it doesn't mean that deep down they don't care or love you. :)

I'm sure your father is happy for you.  He's probably just trying to make you think outside the box a little, so that you will remain focused.  Hard to explain, but us old people always try to give guidance, often forgetting that we made decisions on our own when we were young.  Some decisions were good, some not so good, and luck had a lot to do with the outcome.  Hang in there and just keep pressing forward.

Of course when I first saw the title, I had to think in terms of admitted to a hospital ( or a crazy farm ) :)

Congratulations, on the first acceptance - maybe your first choice will come through for you but I have to agree with Mike, with your initiative where you go has less of an impact than your desire to learn and I think that comes through loud and clear!!