Meet Freya

Ky_Husky

Hey Everyone, I rescued this girl from a bad housing situation 3 days ago. She was given to me and yesterday I was able to take her to get the treatment she needed at petsmart. She is 12 weeks old, her mom was a husky but we are unable to confirm if her dad was a husky. Currently having the worst time with potty training. 

1476060_10202054146374211_889514005_n_zp

1479383_10151817613468176_632320156_n_zp

1463222_10151817371353176_946688112_n_zp

13561_10202054147494239_739554877_n_zps7

Hello and welcome to Husky Owners! Potty training definitely needs some time and strong nerves but it will eventually work out sooner or later.

Freya is a cutie, I love her mask :wub: Feel free to ask in case you have any questions (and I'm sure you probably will real soon :lol:), everyone on here would love to help!

Welcome to the pack . She's gorgeous well done on rescuing her :-) looking at her 'speckled' coat I'd say she's a cross breed with possibly a cattle dog (they tend to have a similar coat) I've not seen that in pure huskies but someone will correct me if I'm wrong, either way she's a beauty

She looks pretty big for 12 weeks!

I'm going through the same with potty training but a bit further on than you, as we've had our puppy for 4 weeks. The first few days were not very good but not surprising as there was so much change for him, new family and house. IMO I don't think they know where it's ok to go, so we have to show them, I guess you will have to give her time to settle in.

It does get easier and I'm sure she's very lucky to have you :)

Hey, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for rescuing this little one, she looks sweet!  I'm with Nix, my first impression - even before I saw her comment - was Husky and Heeler ( or cattle dog, or australian cattle dog, or blue (or red) heeler or ... )  They're about the same size, but have completely different personalities! 

She looks like a mix of Husky and Australian Cattle Dog honestly. She's adorable though!

Good luck with potty training. Just stay consistent, let her out every 30min-1hr and crate her when you aren't home. Treats when she goes potty followed by the command potty will help also!

I have looked up tons of pictures I would agree with you guys she looks like a mix between a husky and a blue heeler…. good news she finally peed outside lol and of course we got excited and gave her a treat… baby steps

You'd even doubt that *we* would know what we're talking about??  That's really an interesting combination since the breed personalities are so very different ... I can see some interesting challenges ahead!!

That's a lot better than getting her inside and getting excited ... so she has to pee again!!! LOL!!  That's where all the giant leaps forward come from, little bitty baby steps all along the way!!

• 4 weeks later...