What A Difference A Year Makes....

Austinville

Though Petunia has only been with us for 8 months, she was actually found about a year ago. She was sent to a medical foster where she spent four months recovering before she could be placed up for adoption.

What a difference a year makes. This is our Tunes when she was found and a pic taken this week and shared with her rescue. They created the collage....

God bless the rescuers.........the fosters...........the transporters...............and Petunia. Our life is very special with our Tunes in it.

post-53-0-13708500-1386909728_thumb.jpg

The first picture is horrendous. The second one is amazing, what a gorgeous looking girl. The world would be a worse place without people like you.

As for the people that could do that to an animal!!!!!! I really have some interesting suggestions,  but not for a pg rated forum ;)

Every time I see a photo of Tunes, it is so obvious that she is one very, very happy girl.  At the Iowa Camp back in September, I got to meet Tunes for the first time.  She is such an angel.  She has come such a long way from that first photo.  I know Becky to be the type of person who would go to the ends of the earth for her Huskies.  I think it's also true, they would do the same for her.

Oh my goodness, this picture has brought a tear to my eye, a tear of sadness of how she looked and a tear of joy at how she now looks!

What is her story? Why did she look so bad?

Makes you just want to cuddle up with your furbabies :)

Petunia was found on the streets of San Antonio, TX. She had heartworms and mange so severe that she could barely move. She was discovered laying near a convenience store, where she had been for three days. I'm told that employees there said they 'threw her food' once in a while. She was taken in by a small rescue, who discovered that they did not have the resources to save her. She was turned over to Texas Husky Rescue, and spent four months between a medical foster and the vets office.

I knew nothing of her story, but fell in love with her photo - laying in a crate with her tongue hanging out from the anesthesia. I knew I had to somehow get her to Iowa. Thankfully, a member from this forum and one who had travelled all the way to Iowa for our very first Iowa Husky Camp, had met me AND he was also a volunteer with Texas Husky Rescue.  I filled out the application and he put in a good word for me. Another former member of the forum, had a co-worker whose wife organized transports (Organizer of the transport lives in Minnesota).  Two weeks, nine drivers and an overnight stay in Missouri and my precious girl was home.

Amazing? Just goes to show what can happen as a result of this forum. No, the forum didn't directly rescue Petunia, but because of  the friends I have made here, she is home. Forever. 

Geez, that first photo is shocking - what a wonderful thing you have done.

I didn't do anything except provide her with a home. The most wonderful things done were those done by the people in rescue, her medical foster (What an angel that woman is!), and Petunia's transport angels who brought her home to me. 

The first picture is horrendous. The second one is amazing, what a gorgeous looking girl. The world would be a worse place without people like you.

As for the people that could do that to an animal!!!!!! I really have some interesting suggestions,  but not for a pg rated forum ;)

I like to think that Petunia was one of the more fortunate ones........that no one DID anything to her. I, nor any other human, will ever know her true story. But the vets tell me that she wasn't abused by anyone - though it looks like she may have been in the first photo. That's just how severe her mange was, almost looks as if she was burned. 

The really good news is that Petunia (AKA Looney Tunes) has a heart of gold and her personality matches that heart. She never complains, never growls, and is never unhappy. She lives in the moment, as all canines do. She shares her smiles, love and kisses. While in the medical foster's facility, she even 'saved' another husky  -- one who had shut down and no longer wanted human contact. Petunia showed her that humans can be good. Tough cookie, my Petunia!