My Dogs Killed A Cat

Jay

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rip kitty

If you dont already have insurance to cover you when mushing you may want to look into this. Note in the UK pet insurance doesn't cover you when mushing but I'm not sure if its the same in the US

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

does insurance cover for that?

Sorry to hear that you had such an incident, Jay. :( But I don't think you should blame yourself for it. As you said in one of your previous posts, even you were surprised what force the pack had while trying to get a hold of the cat. You know that huskies have that prey drive and you know that some cats aren't as cautious as others and in your case, sadly, it ended up in a horrifying way.

Run free, little kitty, and let it go, Jay, you did your best.

Before we rescued Snowy he apparently caught and killed a squirrel, he was only 4 months old when we got him, so must have an incredibly high prey drive.

Where we live, in the middle of nowhere, the fields surrounding us are filled with cattle. The dogs are most interested in them when we play outside but as our field is not husky proof, they always have to stay on lead. This is probably the only downside of the husky breed!

Our house insurance covers our dogs for liability which is great news! As huskies are listed on the 'dangerous dog' list it's not a problem. Just as well as each head of cattle here is worth £1000 plus and there's 30 of them next to where we live ;). So could be an expense burger, if you get what I mean.