Throwing Up A Lot

BrittanyNicole

Ever since we got Zoey at 8 weeks old she has had these moments probably 2-3 times maybe even 4 times a week where she throws up. She throws up 3 times during each episode but each episode happens once. Once she has thrown up those 3 times she's done. It's watery and yellow, sometimes foamy. No food, or grass, or anything like that. And it's usually early in the morning, never later in the day.
I have asked the vet what it is and she said puppies usually do that, and it's probably because she has an empty stomach.
Well, Zoey still does it to this day, and she says it's probably still due to an empty stomach.

My question is, does anyone's dog do this and if so how have you changed it or coped with it?

Nope, thank the gods!  But Jason is right on from your description.  That watery yellow stuff is bile from his stomach and is generally an indication that they have an upset stomach (because it's been empty for a while).

I don't remember what you have said about how often / how much you feed but if the stools are good then I'd spread what you're feeding out across the day and possibly (probably?) make one of them later in the evening - like before the last walk before you go to bed.

That's what I did.  He got the same amount of food, just smaller meals.  I fed him a total of 2 cups per day, each meal being 1/2 cup at:

6am

12pm

4pm

8pm

Once I did that, the vomiting stopped almost instantly.  After he was about a year old I went back to twice a day and he has been fine ever since.  I would give that a try and see if it helps

We had Zoey on an eating schedule, but now she eats whenever she wants to. If she doesn't eat in the morning I pick up her bowl and wait until I get home from work. (We try to feed her twice in the morning since we get up at different times, 4:30-5:40am and 7:00-8:30am, but still nothing. Then we go out for a little walk/potty break)

So then when I get home from work I walk her, then put her food out and even then she doesn't eat, but I leave the food out for a little while longer so that maybe she'll eat, then finally after about 30 minutes she'll eat, and then she'll eat right before her last walk.
Everything potty wise looks good and normal. Just having the empty stomach in the morning. I try to get her to eat before we go for her morning walk because that seems to make her throw up more, since she's active on an empty stomach.

Harry does this too. He throws  up about once a week to 10 days. I know when he's going to do it as it's when he hasn't eaten his breakfast. So now when he won't eat I give him a bit of toast or some cornflakes (dry) just so he has something in his stomach.  I used to leave his food down for him and he would eat it as and when he chose to, but since we got the puppy I can't do this anymore as he will eat it :)

Whilst Harry is eating quite a lot at the moment it hasn't been an issue, though suspect it will happen again at some point.

:( I'm having the same problem. Diamond used to throw up a lot and has diarrhea in a regular basis. Then I stopped feeding him twice a day (turned his schedule to once every 5:45 PM) and the diarrhea stopped. But while the throwing up has decreased he still throws up pretty frequently :(