My Poor Boy Leon!

Michelle Sopi

Does any one else have one of their pack who is always the one that is sick or uber sensative? Leon was being treated under the vet for a slight cough that had developed and then his face swelled up after his medication came to a end.  Now he's back on antibiotics and they have taken samples from his lymph glands and now I'm waiting for the results to see if it's something more serious :( and the 'C' word was mentioned plus so far it's cost £225 - I'm worried I won't be able to afford his treatment if it gets anymore expensive - plus steriods have also been mentioned.  My poor 'fluffty bunnies'!

aw, Michelle - poor you & poor Leon  :(  I hope to God it is nothing serious & can be sorted out quickly. I know how vet bills spiral (just got the receipt for D's op - Splenic tumour - £1902.12!!) not including other bits the insurance wouldn't cover ... it soon adds up.

Let us know how he gets on, hun, xxx

Oh, I am so sorry for your loss of Bid 'D', he was a gorgeous, lovely natured boy - how are you doing at the moment with his loss?  He was always such a pleasant boy - he truly look more like Taiya's twin than Leon does - right down to the same blue and brown eye on the same sides.

Thanks, Michelle. Still very raw & expect to see him when I come home, sat on the sofa like a meercat peering over the back out of the window. He was one in a million even if I do say so myself & has left a huge Diesel-shaped hole in our lives. I still can't bring myself to takes his ashes out of the bag  :unsure: but I have to remind myself how lucky we were to have ever had him as it was all down to snooty Myshka who she chose for a playmate & she turned down a few before she accepted D!  :P

Let us know what they say about Leon xx

• 2 weeks later...

An update on my boy Leon and it isn't good news I'm very sad to say - after many more doses of anti-biotics a chest xray and removal of fluid from his lungs it seems my poor baby is on borrowed time - he has a tumour in his throat and one in his chest - got the devestating news this morning - not a happy new year - I've just cuddled him and cried for most of the day :-(

I know and tomorrow is the anniversary of getting his twin sister Taiya back after her 5 day adventure away from home - New Year cancelled for the 2nd year running. 

Yes Val he is on more antibiotics (Clavudale 500 mg 1 twice a day) and some other meds called Frusdale 40mg 1 x 3 times a day - he's perked up no end today makes him pee a lot and it has brought his swellings down tremendously.  Leon is having a good day today :)

• 3 weeks later...