Christmas Traditions

Mazz

What Christmas traditions do you do at your home?

Christmas Eve, we go to a local restaurant for our evening meal. When we get home, we get settled and then open presents. Christmas Morning we enjoy a German traditional Stollen that Sally has baked. During the day we enjoy light snacks and watch a movie or two. Around early afternoon, I prepare a standing rib roast encased in Kosher Salt and seasonings with garlic slivers inserted into the fat cap. It is cooked in a charcoal grill over indirect medium heat for about four hours until it reaches 130* F. We let it rest for about 20 minutes for the juices to pull in. Serve it medium rare with twice baked potato, salad, and a vegetable dish. Mm-mm yummy.

that sounds lovely!

xmas eve we watch a xmas film, xmas morning i'm up before anyone (the big kid that i am!) take the dogs out then give them their presents, marc's parents come around to the house and watch the kids open their presents, then we all swap presents and i make some bacon butties and laugh at Dunc wanting to play with the kids toys lol

after that we head to Marc's grandma's for a short while and then on to my parents for xmas dinner and more presents :)

What are bacon butties? Doesn't sound right lol We get up open presents go to ohs families house for lunch then I don't know what we are doing this year after that maybe come home and relax (hopefully lol) Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

This is our first Christmas with the dogs, so no doubt I'll be up early taking them out :)

We then make a huge pot of coffee, sit around exchanging presents, then have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. We all then pitch in to cook dinner, which usually takes forever :) Having turkey, ham and all the trimmings. Along the way some alcohol will be consumed, then do doubt more dog walking!

I'm just looking forward to having my husband home (haven't seen him for 4 weeks) and my 3 kids and doggies all under the same roof for once. Don't care about much else :)

What are bacon butties? Doesn't sound right lolWe get up open presents go to ohs families house for lunch then I don't know what we are doing this year after that maybe come home and relax (hopefully lol) Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2
Bacon butties is our term for a bacon sandwich or roll. Bread, bacon and lots of butter!! :D

I must say I'm extremely excited :-D

Traditions in our house, starting today I went to church for the nativity and christingle service :)

Christmas Eve will see us back in church for the teatime service and carols.....from here my family, my sister's family and my brother all invade my mum for a Christmas buffet, snowballs and exchange of sibling presents.

We spend all Christmas Eve tracking Santa on Portable North Pole, which adds to the excitement :)

On our return home from mums the Elves will have left New PJs out for the children, mince pies and a can of larger and of course a carrot are left out for Santa and Rudolph, then off to bed they go with their stockings!

Then the fun begins!! Being Santa is the best bit, but I often have to get back out off bed at 3 am to fill the stockings as the kids refuse to sleep!!!!!

Wahoo, then it's Christmas morning....we are usually woken up shortly after we've managed to go to sleep to the sound of the children opening their stockings. The children will then pile into our bed to show us what they've got. Martin then goes to check Santa has actually been and will take the yearly shot of the children on the staircase coming down!!

So after the unwrapping of presents we are visited by the children's grandparents who join us for bacon butties.

Then it's time for Christmas dinner, this year I'm cooking for 10....a bit nervous about that!!

Then it's kick back, drink and play party games :D

I'm ultra excited :D

This year will be quiet. Get up open pressies, bacon butties (detect a theme here) put roast on, take boys for a lovely walk, pop into parents, eat lunch take Ben to his girlfriends, then just the 2 of us (Anneka at her in laws) and the boys. After years of doing everything for everyone, looking forward to peace and rest.

Does anyone have instructions or recipe for bacon butties? I'd like to give them a try.

My tradition broke last year when I started working and moved out. I worked christmas eve last year, and am working it again this year. But generally, we actually had christmas on christmas eve at my aunts house as growing up, my parents were divorced, and we'd celebrate christmas on the eve with my mom and her side of the family, and christmas on the day with my dad and his side. I haven't spoken to my dad since I moved out, so I doubt I'll be going there although somehow managed it last year. So my tradition, starting last year that I think I'll continue this year, has been to wake up, take the dogs on a walk with christmas collars on around the neighborhood, come home, make some hot chocolate, and let the dogs open their presents and then stay in bed cuddling them all day while they enjoy their new gifts :)

We don't have traditions really but this year goes like this... I'm making potato pie for the whole family at my place on Xmas eve.. Ive made a gingerbread house as well and will buy some bubbly Xmas day we all pile round my mums to have brekkie- full English, open pressies..scoff dinner..my bro goes to the pub so everyone else either drinks beer or eata sweets... Then we all fall asleep till dr who comes on Boxing day is at my dads as always more bubbly and a huuuuuge dinner... Muck about with his dogs and have a great dat Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

I come from a family that's pretty big on tradition. When my Nonna and Nonno were still alive, we used to have a huge dinner at Christmas eve over at their house (with the rest of the family), and we would open gifts. Because I'm born on Christmas Day, my birthday would be lumped into there too.

Our dinner would be mainly seafood: pasta with marinara sauce (homemade, of course!), warm chicken soup, and Nona's special shrimp were my favourites. 

Now that my grandparents are gone, we've been having Christmas Eve over at our house. We still do the fish dinner (including the shrimp) and open presents. My birthday has sorta been forgotten about, though.

On Christmas Day, we get up...open our presents...then go visit Christopher's gravesite (my eldest brother...he was a stillborn)...and basically sleep the rest of the day. :P

And then on Boxing Day, we celebrate with my Mom's side of the family. We have dinner (usually isn't anything special, tbh), open presents. Then afterwards, we visit my Nonna and Nonno's graves.

This year will be a quiet one for us. We haven't even put the Xmas tree up because we've been rushing round sorting out our son's room for when he moves in.So... Today we were up at 5am to start the food shopping, I'm now sat in a car park in Wigan whilst the OH gets the food order from M&S. Then we'e back home to unload the shopping, then off to my sister's to hand out their presents (everyone has had gift vouchers this year as we haven't had time to do full present shopping!!).Tomorrow we'll be up with the Pups, then the neighbours come to ours for breakfast of smoked salmon & egg, I'll be making Gingerbread Lattes, and then neighbours leave and we'll spend time with the Pups.My parents are coming over for Xmas dinner which is Turkey with the trimmings, then it's a relaxing night with just me, Sy and the Pups...Next year will be completely different as we'll have our son with us!!! This year will be a quiet one for us. We haven't even put the Xmas tree up because we've been rushing round sorting out our son's room for when he moves in.So... Today we were up at 5am to start the food shopping, I'm now sat in a car park in Wigan whilst the OH gets the food order from M&S. Then we'e back home to unload the shopping, then off to my sister's to grand out their presents (everyone has had gift vouchers this year as we haven't had time to do full present shopping!!).Tomorrow we'll be up with the Pups, then the neighbours come to ours for breakfast of smoked salmon & egg, I'll be making Gingerbread Lattes, and then neighbours leave and we'll spend time with the Pups.My parents are coming over for Xmas dinner which is Turkey with the trimmings, then it's a relaxing night with just me, Sy and the Pups...Next year will be completely different as we'll have our son with us!!!

Edited by RJS

Well this year I'm spending it alone with Mishka and Playboy (the cat), so erm I'm spending today cleaning, and my christmas dinner shall be chicken wraps lol, then the pets can their presents tomorrow lol

Usually we'd spend Christmas Eve day cooking, and have the big dinner in the evening, then'd we open the presents past midnight, and have a nice family day in on Christmas day

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Mines a bit different this year due to being up north normally i would have a few drinks Xmas eve with the family and watch films but this year I'm off out tpnihht round some pubs then driving down south tomorrow for Xmas dinner etc :)

Downside is I havnt been able to buy anyone any presents this year because of buying this house but I'll make up for it next year :)