Mild Weather

Keeonah

What is going on with this mild weather?  While out doing my deliveries the other day I couldn't help but notice that  trees and bushes are starting to bud. What is worse the dogs are starting to shed :o . I really didn't need that just before christmas. I keep telling them that they'll need their coats as it's going to snow soon but they are not listening. :(

Gary.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh your lucky we have had 40-42 degree celsius days for the last week :( Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

Laura, I hate to break it to you,         but, it's supposed to be hot there,       it's your summer :facepalm: ....... :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Gary.

We've had an unusually dry month, though it's been cold, so thankfully no shedding. But now it's turned very wet and the dogs can't understand why they can't come into the main house. We've pretty much let them have a full run of the place, including sleeping on the sofa and beds, but I really don't want a soggy duvet!

Looks like I've made a rod for my back and will have to start the process of 'down boy' all over again :(

Laura, I hate to break it to you, but, it's supposed to be hot there, it's your summer :facepalm: ....... :rofl::rofl::rofl: Gary.
Haha yeah I know but its been pretty cold up until the last week or so just a pain in the butt with having all the dogs and the 4 month old inside because its to hot outside for them Sasha and dozer try to play inside and they can't because of my son lol Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

You know, you Brits are the gripingest lot I think I've ever seen!  It cools off a bit and you're griping because it's cold, it warms up a bit and you're griping 'cause it's too hot.  You get a little shower and you're griping cause it's too wet, but if it doesn't rain you're griping 'cause your garden's going brown.

It's not like you're going to be able to change it a whole lot (( ignoring the greenhouse effect )) but then I guess that you're just looking for a bit of sympathy - if you look hard enough, you'll find it in the dictionary between ----- oops, can't go there, I'll get called on "family forum"

And tell me about it - last week we had 3 days where it was below freezing, then it warmed up for two days in the 80's (30ish) and now we're back down into the single digits!  Momma Nature - make up your blasted mind, would ya!?!?!?!?!

Oh dear Al......If us Brits didn't gripe then what the hell else would we do with ourselves. At least this time we're griping about the weather.,,,,,,,,,,,,Usually it's about you Yanks and the next bloody daft idea you've had that you want to involve us in :rofl:  :rofl: .. AND, while we're at it, where the heck did "gripingest" come from :huh:  Is that even a word. :P

Gary.

Well, it has to be a word:

1. Thomas Roy Bentley uses it in Money, God and King
  2. Bill King uses it in No Really My Name Is Brother Billy Bob Bohannon
  3. It's used (in 1906) in Notes and Queries
  4. The Charleston Daily Mail and the Statesville Record & Landmark use it (and they don't come any more correct than the news media & where the heck is Statesville?)

See, I've got all sort of good sources (thanks Google!) Don't you dare make fun of my English!!!! :doglaugh:!

My kids get taught English here in France and all of their teachers have learnt American English. I find it quite amusing when my kids get marked down on certain things because they don't pronounce or spell the American way. Also the terminology they use, cell phone for mobile phone as an example. You have to laugh!

No offense American husky owners, just thought I'd share :)

Hmmmmmmmm, American english, that explains a lot :lmao:

Gary.

Well, considering what you lot did with it somebody had to take up the slack ... and man, it can't get much slacker ....

:rofl:  American English ...love it :P  hmmmm now let me see.. I think we should rename that  to be Americanish?

No, Americanish is what's spoken down here by the border American English and Spanish - or was that what you were referring to??

It's interesting the different words we use for certain thing. Like hoovering. We say vacuum lol. A Hoover is a brand of vacuum. And the cell/mobile phones. Before this site I would watch law and order UK and get a lot of the terms

Taking up the slack indeed, Al. You'll be telling me next that the Americans invented the language :rofl: . I wonder why it is that language students have a tendency to come to ENGLAND to learn ENGLISH. There are, however, the odd few that go to the states to learn the language. The problem is that they are puzzled when they come to England and find themselves failing exams. Wonder why that might be :rolleyes: I can quite understand Claires comments. ;)

Gary.

I think going to England to learn English is a lot like going to Spain to learn Spanish ... you leave Spain with a beautiful Castilian accent that only a few in the world can understand. ( Though I find it odd that Cuban Spanish and it seems as if some of the area around Mexico City have the accent - if not the vocabulary - of the Castilian regions of Spain! )

I'm often amused by the Académie française and their attempt to keep French 'pure' ( and astonished by their success' ) can you imagine if we English speakers were to have the same "authority".

I won't even suggest that we invented the language, we've just allowed it to flourish where I think many of you there would be satisfied had it never developed beyond Chaucer!

... Have we gotten completely off topic yet?? ...

Mild weather, my patootie!, it was 31f (0c) when I got up this morning!!!

:doglaugh:  Think you could be right about being off topic Al. It's still around 10c here, even though the nasty winds of yesterday made it feel a lot colder at times. Just hoovered up the first 3 tons of husky fur as well. See, when we gripe we gripe properly :P

Gary.

:doglaugh:  Think you could be right about being off topic Al. It's still around 10c here, even though the nasty winds of yesterday made it feel a lot colder at times. Just hoovered up the first 3 tons of husky fur as well. See, when we gripe we gripe properly :P

Gary.

My Christmas present to myself is a new "shop vac" style vacuum - hoping that it won't join the other two vacuums I have that just don't seem to "cut the mustard".

It'll start warming up by March - I can't wait!!! But guess I have to!