Work ........

Val (Zebedee)

I suppose most jobs come with performance reviews, one to ones etc but do any of you have objectives?

This year, we have a few objectives. One is to do 12 health & safety checks on different rooms or stations we use; I am office based and go to one other office on a monthly basis for my teams team brief - how am I suppose to carry out 12 different ones?? These count towards our bonus :huh:

Another one is Airline - this is where we report safety issues (trip hazards, near misses, accidents etc) and we have to do 6 of these for our bonusable objective .... you can imagine some of the stuff that is getting reported so people can achieve these targets! One woman reported the toilet roll holder was hung on the wrong side of the cubicle!

I do have a few genuine ones but I wish I was at the receiving end of these reports just to see what else gets rung in, bet they could write a book :rofl:

We're supposed to have yearly performance reviews but in all the time I've been there (over 10 years) I've had 2!  One when I first became employed and the second when I took on the assistant manager's role!

Our objectives are supposed to be things like how we can improve ourselves, as I know the boss well and her boss even better I decided to be a bit bit cheeky so my response was "how can you improve on perfection?" apparantly that was the wrong answer.  :P

We have annual reviews as well, and we have to actually rate ourselves and put our objectives for the next year, and comment on how you think you achieved your objectives from last year.  And it is on a point scale from 1-5, although no one gets a 5, and 4's are rare.  We have to complete our self evaluations in mid-September and our supervisors have to give us ours before October 1st.

We did get raises with our annual review but this year since they are cutting back there were none :(

What a chore! Sounds like red tape for the sake of it. Just let folk get on with their jobs!

I'm with you on that , Clare... Far too much red tape. It is honestly crippling industry.  Example.....  I work in engineering , we make steel bridges and  stuff like that. now can anyone tell me why we should employ a guy  to record, what transport everyone uses to get to work?. Just so he can tell someone what our carbon footprint is?

Ofsted.... though being a HLTA we tend to stay away from the classes as the teachers have to teach if inspected (a colleague said she felt sorry for them going into a a class and teaching a subject they dont normally. Sorry, do that on a regular basis sometimes with little to no planning!)