after about 15 min he was back, being playful and happy again

this morning , his poo was not liquid or something , normal

he is very very tired, not hungry at all

usually at morning hes like waiting for me to feed him

now he doesnt even lick the food

and he doesnt stop throwing up

he threw up like 5-6 times alreay

drinks a little bit

i already called the vet, he opens in an hour im holding off work to take him as soon as he opens

im so scared it is parvo, i dont wanna lose this little guy

he has been vaccinated for parvo at Nov 15th for the first time

i dont take him for walks , but i did do one mistake of taking him to a friends pet store to buy him some new toys, that was 2 days ago

what do guys think it could be ?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the pet store. Did he get in contact with another dog? I doubt that short trip could hurt him though. And I also doubt it's parvo especially because he has already been vaccinated. Maybe he ate something he shouldn't? Try putting food in the water bowl so he would drink more. If it doesn't work, just leave him alone with his water bowl and leave the room. Some dogs, like my Diamond, prefer to eat/drink in privacy :lol:

at the pet store. Did he get in contact with another dog? I doubt that short trip could hurt him though. And I also doubt it's parvo especially because he has already been vaccinated. Maybe he ate something he shouldn't? Try putting food in the water bowl so he would drink more. If it doesn't work, just leave him alone with his water bowl and leave the room. Some dogs, like my Diamond, prefer to eat/drink in privacy :lol:

he did not get in contact with another dog, not to my recollection

the trip may have been short, but the fact is that parvo is highly contagious even if he was vaccinated, the vaccination procedure is a series, not a single shot, at least that what i read online

my dog doesnt care if he's in front of a whole crowd, he loves his food

anyways, he's still at the vets for observation, i called to get an update, they said that he happy and playful and he drinks, but still wont eat

he keeps vomiting the water he drinks, so they stopped giving him water and started giving him IV , they also did a xray on him to make sure he didnt eat something he shouldnt, the test was good

he also said that he doesnt think its parvo due to him drinking and still being playful and happy

im still nervous and hope to god everything will be ok with this little guy

its just when something bad happens is when you know how much they really mean to you.

Good wishes going your way!  Hope that everything turns out good ... even parvo can be cured normally if it's caught early.  You've probably been around the web already, but WebMD has a good article - it mentions ELISA as an in-office test that you might want to request of your vet to rule parvo out..

Do let us know how things are going, eh??

Edited by Al Jones

update: got up this morning, all looks good except for one thing, he barely poop

i mean it could be related to the fact he did not eat anything solid since monday evening

he eats that wet canned medical foot the vet gave me, today il let him have the normal food he loves.

i dont know whats wrong again

he has been perfectly fine since he was at the vet

but now all of a sudden he started vomiting clear vomit, just like water, and his poop was a little liquid

he drinks and eats as usuall

he is happy even more than usuall, actually playing like crazy here, wont stop running and playing with stuff

should i be worried ?

no change in his food, except i was at my parents this weekend with him and i forgot to take his food with me so i ended up buying a new bag of food but its not different than the one he has here at home, same brand same kind exactly, and not expired or something , i checked...