Do You Think This Is Gross?

mydiamond

Who's with me?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Is ice cream and root beer/soda a good mix?

• YES you should definitely try it!
    • Eww no
    • I don't think so, but I'd try

So my older cousin, a.k.a my dad's biggest fan, came for a visit this new year's eve. He bought us (that's me and my bro) a gallon of Baskin Robbins and earlier today he went shopping for oreos and jellies. He said he wants to make an "ice cream drink" by mixing either root beer or fanta with a scoop of baskin robbins and mix it with oreo crumbs and a spoonful of jelly. He asked me "so you want rootbeer or fanta?" and I said "EWW no! just ice cream!". He was adamant that it's gonna taste great, but I really can't see a scoop of "baseball nut" drowned in fanta  :mellow: who's with me??

Liv, you really have to do better with a translation .... "baseball nut", I can't even begin to picture what the flavour of that is :)

Mixing ice cream with various sparkly waters is an old standard, other others have mentioned it could be called an ice cream float which is normally vanilla ice cream with some flavour of soda pop or may be called a fizz (I think that's NYC).  A chocolate soda is ice cream and chocolate syrup and tonic water.

It's not completely unheard of, but cookies and jelly(???) added to the blend ... now that's approaching gross!!!

I'm sure they used to make an ice lolly on a stick which had strawberry flavored jelly in the middle of it. It had a coating of ice cream around the jelly and biscuit crumb on that and wrapped up in a coating of chocolate. I can't think for the life of me what they were called though. Surely this must be something similar :huh:

Gary. 

I'm sure they used to make an ice lolly on a stick which had strawberry flavored jelly in the middle of it. It had a coating of ice cream around the jelly and biscuit crumb on that and wrapped up in a coating of chocolate. I can't think for the life of me what they were called though. Surely this must be something similar :huh:

Gary. 

Now, that has to be a British thing, no self respecting 'mer'can would eat anything like that!!! Gross!!!  :)

We call them spiders were you mix ice cream and soft drink together and it goes frothy on to tastes really good lol

We also have as said above, jelly ice creams on sticks also can't remember there name but they are nice but not something I can eat a lot of :) now I want a spider lol

Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

Liv, you really have to do better with a translation .... "baseball nut", I can't even begin to picture what the flavour of that is :)

Mixing ice cream with various sparkly waters is an old standard, other others have mentioned it could be called an ice cream float which is normally vanilla ice cream with some flavour of soda pop or may be called a fizz (I think that's NYC).  A chocolate soda is ice cream and chocolate syrup and tonic water.

It's not completely unheard of, but cookies and jelly(???) added to the blend ... now that's approaching gross!!!

LOL baseball nut is a flavor name. It's chocolate with roasted almonds inside if I remember correctly.. 

anyways I ended up passing on the "soda floats"... I'm pretty convinced if it's not vanilla ice cream then it's not a real float :P

We also have as said above, jelly ice creams on sticks also can't remember there name but they are nice but not something I can eat a lot of :) now I want a spider lol

Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

Ahhhh. Now we're talking. I'm glad you have these ice creams in AUSTRALIA. Must be these "self respecting 'mer'cans" that have it wrong, AGAIN. :facepalm:  :lmao:

Gary