Car Sick

Ceoleon

Anyone ever hear of a husky getting car sick? Kita really loves riding with me, but today after being in the truck for about an hour she pucked. We had just gotten home and I was turning the truck around. I think that the back and forth motion did it, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

My youngest Yukon gets car sick. He can only be in the car 10 min and puke. I tried everything and the only thing that worked is some really expensive pills from the vet.

There are some tips you can use to work with your dog to try and get them used to the car like sitting in the car without it running and work up to small trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

My youngest used to get horrendous travel sickness, it was so bad even the expensive vet pills failed to work.

Thankfully she has been much better over recent months. We noticed she would start drooling as soon as she went into her crate, and would become more worked up when we drove with her being sick several times. We have reduced this anxiety and she hasn't been sick for several months as we spent a lot of time putting her in the car without setting off, just a few minutes to start with each day and gradually building the time up, then we would start the engine and a few weeks later we'd drive around the block with her.

I'd give this a try, good luck x

If it is caused by anxiety rather than motion sickness

Then perhaps try a ThunderShirt they are supposed to be very good for all types of anxiety type problems

http://www.thundershirt.com/Product/Thundershirt.aspx?item_guid=ad60b946-f758-45e2-a589-331dda09637e