Poor Yukon Is Sick :(

Jay

Yukon isn't feeling well again :(  That poor pup I feel so bad for him.  Last night around 6 he went out to poo and he did so 3 different times, the last time nothing came out and I noticed 3 really small red spots in the snow which looked like blood.  He hasn't pooped since and this morning after I fed him he went outside and threw up :(  He acted fine last night and we even went for a walk and he was playing in the snow all evening.  This morning he has been moping around not acting normal.  This happened before and it turned out to be a bug, and he was back to normal before I had to take him to the vet.

He is at home now but if he still doesn't poop or start acting better by tonight we may have to take him to the vet again.  It was probably something he ate :(

Yeah, I might have to take him tonight.  I am going to see how he is doing at lunch and determine then.  He was acting normal last night but it got me more concerned this morning when he didn't poo and threw up his breakfast, in addition to him not acting normal.

Well, came home and although he is not running all around or anything he ate like normal, and went poo. First time was a normal one but he went poo a couple hours later and a little runny. Gave him some pumpkin and pepto and I'm sure he will be fine :)

Chula is just like Yukon! I came home from running to the bank and her crate was FULL of vomit. I mean like four pounds of puke. But she's running around and begging for food and drinking water so I'm trying not to worry! She's always got some stomach issue going on. <br /><br />Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Hope he gets better soon. Bloods never a great thing to see but fresh blood is usualy better than old. Indicates it's coming from lower down.

Mine sometimes get that when they have runny poop too. In their case it was a bit like proctitis, an overly irritated part that bleeds a little and then tries to coat itself with mucous to make things better. End result, a mildly bloody, mucousy poop. Disgusting. :(

I wont freak you out too much hopefully by telling you about what some of Bear's have looked like since she became a severe iBD sufferer. Let's just say that at her lowest point it was more blood than anything else, in some cases it was just blood, rivers of it. I couldn't understand how she was still alive. The vets kept checking her over and assuring me she wasn't presenting with any signs of anaemia (yeah, we kinda lived at the vets for a few months) but it was shocking. I don't think they took me seriously until I showed them the photographs. The vet just stood there with his mouth open, a speechless vet is never a good sign, lol.

He's doing better today. He had some poops with no blood but it was kind of runny at the end. He is eating drinking normal. Thing is we are all sick so they all have been lazy so it's hard to tell lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chula is just like Yukon! I came home from running to the bank and her crate was FULL of vomit. I mean like four pounds of puke. But she's running around and begging for food and drinking water so I'm trying not to worry! She's always got some stomach issue going on.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I know! They will both eat everything won't they!! Even trying to watch everything you never know what they get into

Hope he gets better soon. Bloods never a great thing to see but fresh blood is usualy better than old. Indicates it's coming from lower down.

Mine sometimes get that when they have runny poop too. In their case it was a bit like proctitis, an overly irritated part that bleeds a little and then tries to coat itself with mucous to make things better. End result, a mildly bloody, mucousy poop. Disgusting. :(

I wont freak you out too much hopefully by telling you about what some of Bear's have looked like since she became a severe iBD sufferer. Let's just say that at her lowest point it was more blood than anything else, in some cases it was just blood, rivers of it. I couldn't understand how she was still alive. The vets kept checking her over and assuring me she wasn't presenting with any signs of anaemia (yeah, we kinda lived at the vets for a few months) but it was shocking. I don't think they took me seriously until I showed them the photographs. The vet just stood there with his mouth open, a speechless vet is never a good sign, lol.

Yesterday when I saw the blood it was 3 very small spots and it was bright red. I know if it's dark red that's worse since it is coming from further in. I haven't seen any blood in his stools since and he is passing everything and eating fine. No throwing up since yesterday morning

My guess is either 1 of 2 things....Nikko had a plastic water bottle, and I caught Yukon chewing on a small piece of plastic.  Or part of a cow hoof that he might have chewed off might have been sharp

My guess is either 1 of 2 things....Nikko had a plastic water bottle, and I caught Yukon chewing on a small piece of plastic.  Or part of a cow hoof that he might have chewed off might have been sharp

I'd bet money it was NOT the hoof.  The stuff that hooves and fingernails are made from (Keratin) dissolves pretty rapidly, even in very mild acids (even water!) - stomach acid should dissolves them almost instantaneously.  There's no way that it would have made it far enough through the digestive tract to bring fresh blood out.

My bet would be on the plastic ...

My best friend is a veterinary nurse, so any worries with my two I just call her lol.

Keiko has a highly sensitive tummy and has had blood appear in stool a few times. I asked my friend about it and she said if it appears at the same time as a bad and runny stomach then it's most probably because he has a bad tummy and is straining too hard when he goes to the toilet. She said if it continued when his poos were solid again then to get him looked at but if it stopped within 48 hours or so then probably just a side effect of a bad tummy :)