Go Get The Ball

MarkoMKD

So far so good,we learned to handshake in both ways,left/right.

To sit down we know long time ago,also new thing is when she grab smth and i say let off she put the thing down (not with food :/ ).

I tried to teach her to give me back the ball or wood when i throw it but don't works,she is waiting for the food. (cos i teach her everything with food)

Any help ? Tips ? Advices ?

P.S. Tell me some other good cool stuff to teach her :) And the methods ofc

hee hee you're trying to teach her "fetch"? good luck with that! :P tell me if you succeeded xxx

anyways I think there really is nothing wrong with "teach her everything with food". How else do you train a husky? :P my all-time favorite trick is "hi!". It's actually a version of high-five but in this case I just hold my hand up in the air and Dime would mimic me. It's a good thing Bella already know how to shake because it all starts from that trick. Reach your hand out as if signaling for "shake" and when she gives you her paw, push it back (as if high-fiving her) and say "hi!". Treat and repeat. Over time she'd lift her paw high up in the air without needing to touch your hand, and that's when you gradually lengthen the distance. Soon you'll be able to casually lift your hand as if waving to a human and she'd mimic you :)

It does seem to be a rare Husky that will bring the ball back when playing fetch.

They tend to get distracted by anything, drop the ball and just wander off.

My Girly Echo (White GSD) will play fetch and bring the ball back for HOURS

until she's quivering with exhaustion, and will still want more.

Alpha will fetch about 3 times...then loses interest and just wants to play with the ball by himself....

Bindi she will look at you with an expression you threw it so you can go and get it.... ;)  she will do it when Alpha is doing it...

there is nothing wrong with using food bits just do not make it to much...you can teach high five, and nose touch, start on touch nose on the palm of your hand and then when she does reward her you can then teach her to do all sorts of stuff....

hee hee you're trying to teach her "fetch"? good luck with that! :P tell me if you succeeded xxx

anyways I think there really is nothing wrong with "teach her everything with food". How else do you train a husky? :P my all-time favorite trick is "hi!". It's actually a version of high-five but in this case I just hold my hand up in the air and Dime would mimic me. It's a good thing Bella already know how to shake because it all starts from that trick. Reach your hand out as if signaling for "shake" and when she gives you her paw, push it back (as if high-fiving her) and say "hi!". Treat and repeat. Over time she'd lift her paw high up in the air without needing to touch your hand, and that's when you gradually lengthen the distance. Soon you'll be able to casually lift your hand as if waving to a human and she'd mimic you :)

That high five sounds awesome man ! :D Will try it for sure,but the thing is that in my language,for handshake with dogs we say Hi. I need to find another word for that high five :D

It does seem to be a rare Husky that will bring the ball back when playing fetch.

They tend to get distracted by anything, drop the ball and just wander off.

My Girly Echo (White GSD) will play fetch and bring the ball back for HOURS

until she's quivering with exhaustion, and will still want more.

Yea that happens always,pick up and run like mad around the yard,or wait near me if she smells the food.

OR pick up the ball and see smth moving around,goes there to sniff -.-

Alpha will fetch about 3 times...then loses interest and just wants to play with the ball by himself....

Bindi she will look at you with an expression you threw it so you can go and get it.... ;)  she will do it when Alpha is doing it...

there is nothing wrong with using food bits just do not make it to much...you can teach high five, and nose touch, start on touch nose on the palm of your hand and then when she does reward her you can then teach her to do all sorts of stuff....

Well tell me some of those stuff if you can :) And some more info for that nose touch.

Nose touch is IMO a very good bit of training can mentally make them tired as well.

every time she touches her nose to you palm you reward her, the command I use is "touch" once she has this under control you can raise your arm and say the command and reward when nose touches palm of you hand... then think of other things to do...for example have a spot on the wall start with puting to hand on the wall give her the command to touch and reward when done after a while take your hand away and just point to the sport and give command..this is where I am...but you can go further and train for example with a light switch to turn lights on and off....this will be down the line however and takes a far bit of training....

but the most important things are....keep it fun and keep it up .....

Chula will fetch about 90 percent of the time. The way I get her to fetch is to get her really, really excited for the thing I'm throwing. I was told that "huskies don't play fetch", but mine does. This morning she played fetch for about 45 minutes, and only stopped because she was tired. I don't think we ever trained her though, she just knew that if she brought the ball back, I'd throw it again and she'd get to run.

Ok and since we are all here i want toask you all something.

I heard that huskies are not agressive dog and that they are not "keepers"

Is there any possible way to teach her to keep my yard,and to bark at the people who enter without anyone from the house ?

P.S. She doesn't bark at all :/ 

Ok and since we are all here i want toask you all something.

I heard that huskies are not agressive dog and that they are not "keepers"

Is there any possible way to teach her to keep my yard,and to bark at the people who enter without anyone from the house ?

P.S. She doesn't bark at all :/ 

Nope wrong breed...if like mine she will let everybody in show them where the right correct stuff is and where the treats are.....

There might be a way, but I don't think it's in huskies nature to be guard dogs so it would take a lot of work if she doesn't do it naturally. Chula will bark if she is taken by surprise by something (or if she manages to trap a squirrel up a tree and it is chucking acorns down at her), but when the garbage people come through the alley, she just stands by the fence trying to stick her nose through it to see what's going on. 

I didn't want a guard dog though, so I'm glad she's not like that.

"she just stands by the fence trying to stick her nose through it to see what's going on" 

Same here :D

Well the same was for my friend who got Labrador,but here they are,noone can get into his yard.

But im starting to worry a bit becouse she doesn't bark at all..Only howling sometimes at night.. :/ 

Like when she need something she doesn't bark,she sounds like crying.. (can't find the proper english word)

"she just stands by the fence trying to stick her nose through it to see what's going on" 

Same here :D

Well the same was for my friend who got Labrador,but here they are,noone can get into his yard.

But im starting to worry a bit becouse she doesn't bark at all..Only howling sometimes at night.. :/ 

Like when she need something she doesn't bark,she sounds like crying.. (can't find the proper english word)

don't worry she's just being a husky :) although puppies are often vocal, they usually turn quiet as an adult. Diamond doesn't really bark either. But he grumbles, woo-woos, screams and howls :lol: