Can A Husky Eat Nuts ?

Patrick Marino

I have a Blue & Gold Macaw (Max) and a red & white Siberian Husky (Julius ) Max is always feeding Julius varies nuts like walnuts,almonds etc. in the shell. Before I can get them away from him (Julius ) he grinds them up and eats them. Just wondering if the shells can do harm. I know they can eat bones but what about nut shells?

Julius 07/09

I know that macadamia nuts are poisonous for dogs, but I think other nuts are ok, the shells im not sure about, but if you say that he is grinding them down they will hopefully come through, sorry I couldn't give you a more definite answer

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Macadamia nuts: poisonous!

Walnuts (almost all type) the shell contains a strong poison.

Peanuts, oddly are not a nut, they're a legume and they're fine.

The problem you may run into - and there's a thread here about it - is the shells (hulls) of most bird seed is not digestible and may cause problems.

Macadamia nuts: poisonous!

Walnuts (almost all type) the shell contains a strong poison.

Peanuts, oddly are not a nut, they're a legume and they're fine.

The problem you may run into - and there's a thread here about it - is the shells (hulls) of most bird seed is not digestible and may cause problems.

Great info Thanks Al'