Grrr People Who Don't Do Research!!!

Kells xx

Grrr so a friend of my cousins bought a malamute puppy for a gift for her 2 year old son!!!!

They have had the puppy about 4 months and from what my cousin says she walks it once a week!!!!!... The dog has (understandably) destroyed her house and garden... I have spoken to her about the needs of her dog...

She feeds the dog whatever is on offer at the supermarket at the time grrr

She says it doesn't need any more exercise and wont listen to anything i say... I feel sorry for the dog... It is given the kitchen and hallway to move about in and that's it!!!

My cousin also thinks the dog has been left outside a lot as the dog is now chewing the sheds and outside doors!!!

I think it would be best for her to give the dog to a rescue as she cannot look after the dog properly and wont listen to reason...

It frustrated me that the dog is only gonna get more bored and destructive and left alone 😞

Kells

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This irritates me to no end! I'm not saying you should know everything when buying a certain breed (there are still things I needed to experience first hand) but you NEED to research the breed ALOT before even thinking of buying one!

If she wanted a low maintenance dog she should've got a Pug

It's like people see their dogs as a piece of a property rather than a member of the family..

That is so sad for the puppy. Why oh why do folk get pets and then not look after them, makes my blood boil!

What is probably a beautiful animal will most likely end up in a rescue centre once the owner decides they've had enough. Then the dog will have to endure a kennel and no owner to love it, just as my two did.

I could really swear now :(

Ive tried to talk her into giving the dog up to a rescue "but she loves it" my cousin is gonna keep at her until she does... Its just not fair on the dog.....

She only got a mally because " it was cheap and they are pretty" grrrrrrrrrrrr ffs

Ohh that's annoying! None of us here claim to be perfect dog owners, but everybody knows that you've got to do a lot of research on any breed of dog, particularly ones that are destructive when bored!

Why don't people like that learn to take advice?? It's not a criticism to say 'Maybe he just needs a few more walks a week?' No one's asking her to take it out 3 times a day 7 days a week.

And the food thing is annoying. I know from our pups that changes in food can be disastrous, even if done correctly! I know money's tight but surely the health of her pup should be more important.

'It was cheap and they're pretty?' ... Christ almighty! Yes, they're beautiful, but they need a lot of care! Some people shouldn't be allowed dogs if they're not prepared to put the work in :angry:

-Rant over-

- Caity

Someone just had a litter advertised and she picked one up... Huskies and mals are the new status dogs here and everyone has one and is breeding... Its infuriating.. She picked the puppy up for about 250

To consider an animal a "fashion accesory" is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!

She's in charge of this animals well-being!

If you would need to feed everybody that has a dogs as a fashion accesory then you would be very busy and poor.....