Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mazz

Left church at noon today. Temperature was 24* F. It is now 3:40 in the afternoon. Temperature is 3* F. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be -11* F.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could be worse .. I could be there LMAO

But then Dave would be cold with Crayons :P

It's 48f here now but the overnight is predicted to be 32f with this in our forecast:

... Low wind chill values expected tonight...

A strong cold front has brought an Arctic airmass into West Texas
and southeast New Mexico. Temperatures tonight will drop into the
lower teens across all but the Rio Grande Valley... and winds
speeds of 10 to 15 mph will create wind chill values around
zero. Frostbite and hypothermia may occur if precautions are not
taken. Wear clothing in layers... and do not Forget to cover your
head and hands which lose heat faster than any other part of the
body.

I'm in south Texas, in the desert - I am not impressed!!!

Got up this morning and it was COLD!!!  Outside temp was 26f and inside it was 42f (( don't keep the fire on overnight, don't like gas burning while I'm asleep ))

Okay, I'm ready for spring!

Checked out the temperature at "home" (where I was born and most of the extended family is) in northern New York - it was 32f there this am - hey, NOT FAIR!!  But then the front hasn't gotten there yet, they're looking at -10f before the day is over with another 2 feet of snow!  While I'm cold here, I think I'll just stay here, in a few days we'll be back in the 70's!!

Saw some news footage on the snow you have  :( It doesn't look good for you guys out there . so Keep warm and safe while this bad weather is on  ...ok?

One thing I did notice though.. your roads were still useable.. we get one half and inch of snow over here and the UK grinds to a halt, roads rail and air :(

laughing, that's just in the north where they're used to this stuff.  Get anywhere in the 'south' and if it weren't so serious it'd be laughable.  I've seen people stopped by 2 inches of snow, I've seen people carefully, graciously slide off the roads on ice (that they didn't know was there??)

Dallas becomes a complete disaster - they don't know what to do on ice and snow but they try!  Get further up north and they're either smart enough to stay home or to at least wait for the snow plow to come through!

To our friends in the untypically frozen north, take care of yourselves and the pups, this is dangerous weather!!

Right now it is about -15F with a wind chill around -40F.  We got about 12-14" of snow here so it is blowing very bad.  Although it is sunny out now and no clouds in the sky, looks are deceiving!  

The state closed all the local interstates and roads, so all travel is still banned except for emergency vehicles.  Most businesses are closed today as well, along with my work :D  But there are still fools out there driving on by!  Roads are drifting shut as soon as the plows come by so it's still dangerous.  Hundreds of people had to be rescued on local roads around here, and some people had to spend the night in their cars.  

Right now it is about -15F with a wind chill around -40F.  We got about 12-14" of snow here so it is blowing very bad.  Although it is sunny out now and no clouds in the sky, looks are deceiving!  

The state closed all the local interstates and roads, so all travel is still banned except for emergency vehicles.  Most businesses are closed today as well, along with my work :D  But there are still fools out there driving on by!  Roads are drifting shut as soon as the plows come by so it's still dangerous.  Hundreds of people had to be rescued on local roads around here, and some people had to spend the night in their cars.

Which is a damn good way to die!  Carbon monoxide is lethal in a running car on the side of the road!  Heard about it all too many times with people up home.

Hope it warms up for you, we've made it up to a whopping 37f

Edited by Al Jones

I know!  Mine usually want to go outside all the time to play in the 13+ inches of snow outside, but today they have only went outside a few times and wanted right back in!

Woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m. - temperature read -25 degrees F. Windchill was -55.

We've warmed up to a whopping high of -17F.

You know its cold when the sibes do their duty and want back inside!

Just checked the weather, since I haven't been outside today, and it says it's 1*F here with a windchill of -18*F, the high for today is 6*F. This is the coldest winter weather I can remember having here in KY.. Last night we had to get our electric heater out and put it in our bedroom, since it's the coldest room in the house even with the heat on at 80 all night. Thankfully our sons room is the warmest room in the house so he was fine all night, and he's bundled up now so he's okay. Keira has been bugging me to take her out all afternoon to play, but Sage is curled up on the couch and is not moving, lol. 

Everyone who is experiencing these dangerously cold temperatures, please keep warm and stay safe.

In south west France we have torrential rain but it's not cold, been about 12c today. I am back to walking the dogs on my own as the hols are over and kids/hubby back at work/school, so having to double up the walks again :( Don't usually mind but have changed my clothes 4 times today and got through 2 sets of wet weather gear.

The weather is bonkers at the moment.

Yep, its been a little chilly...

In these temperatures, I only go outside when I have to. And even then I bundle up with a heavy coat, hat, and mitts even if I'm only walking outside for a few minutes. When the temperature is this cold, you can get frostbite very easily. It sneaks up on you. Be careful everyone, and drive safe!