Amazon Prime

Removed #5

Okay, I'll admit I do a lot of shopping on line - well, it's a long way to the store and if they'll deliver it, Why Not??

Chula  (Emily) mentioned in another thread that she's got an invite (or some such) to Amazon Prime and since I know nothing about the Prime part of Amazon I figured I'd take a look.

The sales hype makes it look real good ... but some of the comments make me wonder.  Two free shipping - great; arriving in two weeks - er, not so great.

So, does anyone else besides Emily have Amazon Prime and what are your feelings about it??

I had it for a month trial and it seemed pretty good but opted not to continue it.  You can always try it free for the month, (but remember to cancel before or they will charge you $79).  

You get access to video on demand, although from what I saw there were not too many things I would watch on it.  The only real benefit would be the free 2 day shipping, instead of having to have $35 worth of purchases to qualify.  (when I had it the min. purchase for free shipping was only $25).

I buy my dog food on Amazon, so for awhile it was useful, however I noticed that the regular shipping only takes about 4-5 business days to get to me.  It wasn't worth the $79 a year to get it to me 2 days earlier.  And because my food was already $45.99 I didn't have to worry about the min. purchase.  

So, if you buy a lot of stuff on Amazon, and it usually takes the full 7 days to get it shipped to you, the prime account would be worth it...especially now that they raised the min. purchase to $35 for the free standard shipping. 

I'd say sign up for the free trial and see if you like it.  Heck, I even forgot to cancel and contacted them once I noticed the charge and they refunded the cost (as long as you don't use it).  

I have Amazon Prime.

Here in the UK Prime guarantees Free next day delivery.

The money I save on shipping charges more than justifies the annual charge

Love it

I love Amazon Prime. I did all my Christmas shopping with it. I don't really use the streaming just the free two day shipping. Plus Amazon lets you share shipping benefits with four people. It's not cheap but all the things I order would easily cost me more in shipping than I pay per year.