New Member -Kasia

kasia

Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself and my beautiful Siberian Husky -Wolfy. He is 8months. I also have two kids -girls , we all love Wolfy. He is very playfull, gets bored easily and loves chewing my sofa when I am not at home:) we live in Southampton in Hampshire. I gave up my gym membership recently because Wolfy is best companion for running ever. Looking forward to read stories about other huskies x

post-11179-13892228612171_thumb.jpg

post-11179-138922293111_thumb.jpg

post-11179-13892229469919_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum :)

Wolfy is a very handsome boy <3

Alot of husky owners crate their dogs when they are home alone to prevent chewing etc. Unfortunately they can be quite destructive if bored or lonely

A slow introduction is the way to go with the crate as you want Wolfy to associate being in there with good things to ensure he is happy and relaxed. Try offering him treats, such as a Kong in there and hopefully in time he'll choose to go in there as he'll see it as his 'safe' place

Along with the other comments about making the crate a comfortable place for him to be,  I think it also needs to be said that when he goes to his crate on his own then that's his way of  saying he wants some space.  In other words, convince everyone that when he's in his crate to leave him alone.  It's kinda like us going to our bedrooms because we want out of the madness for a while.