Many years ago ........

Val (Zebedee)

at my junior school, we had a school photograph taken, not individual, the whole school, it's the only one I know of at that school, Tower College in Rainhill, Merseyside. It was taken in my last year of juniors & I left the school then, it was a private school (ooh, get me! :lol: ) & was too expensive, so I went to a 'normal' secondary school.

As I was leaving that summer, my blazer had become too small so I didn't have one, & the headmaster, front centre in the black suit, Mr Oxley, said I couldn't be on the pic :blink: but at the last minute, he relented & I was 'stuck' on the end of the third row to blend in!

All the pupils got a copy of the pic but over the years, I mislaid mine & often wondered what had become of it as it would bring back so many memories. Would you believe that Steve was working at a customer's house recently who's son attended the same school & was a few years older than me ... and had a copy of the pic! We borrowed the pic (can't believe she lent a 29 year old photo to relative strangers!) to try & get a copy - we noticed the photographers name & looked for a website - found we could order a photo direct from them! So, for my recent birthday, Steve bought the pic & we've had it framed, it now takes pride of place on my newly decorated walls!!!

SO many memories of happy school days come flooding back whenever I look at it, I'm surprised I can remember any of the kids, but I do!

Have a look -

gallery_144_3_277746.jpg

gallery_144_3_1585802.jpg

gallery_144_3_75541.jpg

:D yes, Smithy, we did, we took it round to her the next night & told her we'd managed to get a copy direct from the original. Was a bit worried if that hadn't been an option as the pic, as you can tell from the photo, is long (23") & I'm not sure who would be able to scan & copy it, not being a regular size.

wow, Saz, you got curly hair there! At least yours & mine are in colour, hey, not like that old fogey with his black & white one! unsure.gif OK, I'm gonna hide now! laugh.gif

LMAO!!!

Yeah - I'm gonna try and find my primary pics at wkend when we get the xmas decs down from the loft biggrin.gif