Looking Back

mydiamond

Since Nix and Laura posted about their H-O anniversary, I asked myself when's my H-O anniversary. I do remember it's December 2010... but idk what date :shrug: anyways it means I've been here a little over 3 years. So here's my (super) belated H-O anniversary thread:

I've been going backwards from page to page in various sections in the forum searching for my old threads. Some are nostalgic, some are (still) hilarious, some are embarrassing (I can't believe I wrote that!) and some others I can't even remember writing them :lol: having been absent from the forum numerous times due to attention-demanding life events, sometimes I forgot how much of a 2nd family this forum is. But then I found this old thread that I wrote within my first month (or so) in high school. It was a thank-you thread. Probably the most long-winded thank-you thread I've ever seen myself :facepalm: in there, I wrote literally everything. Even the most personal thoughts I didn't share with my closest friends. For a moment I felt embarrassed ("gosh Liv there ARE better ways to bore people!"). Especially because I can see how much of an emotional, angst-ridden, childish teen I can be back then. I mean, I still have my childish moments even today, but... it feels embarrassing reading it as a H-O thread. But at the same time, I got reminded to the warmth of this forum's friendliness :wub: sure, active members come and gone. Some pops back some others don't. There have been dramas, troubles and disagreements. But for each tear shed, there were a hundred joys spread. I must admit I don't hang around here as much as I used to because it's a little quiet nowadays... But if I ever have anything to ask or share, I always know where I can turn to :) xxx 

To close off this rather random thread, I'd just like to say I hope H-O sticks around for many more years. I hope I'd still have a place to share pictures of my future second dog in the next 3-5 years or so. You've watched a lot of puppies grow from "guinea pig stage" to a handsome wolf-like stage through all these years so hopefully you can watch me grow :D because right now I'm still at lanky, bat-eared stage :P and I hope this forum's members, all of you, wherever you are, would continue being awesome :D xxx

Aw, isn't this one cute thread?! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Liv, I myself haven't been around for that long but I concur to the opinion that this is probably the best forum I've ever been part of.

Oh, and of course - happy belated anniversary! Here's the cake as usual - :cake:

You better not stop being awesome yourself! :P

:grouphug:

The years go by so quick don't they?!

Agree with everything you've said to your so good at putting things to words lol so on that note *points at Liv* "what Liv said" lol

Congrats for being here so long hope there are many more years :)

This forum does have a certain warm, fluffy feel to it. Congrats to all concerned for making it feel that way. I too have only been here a short time and already feel like I know so many of you. Many people I know just don't understand what my dogs mean to me and the experiences I go through (good and bad) with them. But you lot do! :)

Aww Olivia, that was a beautiful thread. :)

don't worry too much about posting threads that make you squirm with embarrassment later on. We all do it, wel I know I do anyway! Lol. It's nice for us to hear what's going on in your life, helps us keep in touch with you and reminds us older people what is was like to be a teenager! Some of us are a great distance apart but strip back the varying cultures and beliefs and none of us were really too different at heart. :)

Congratulations on your belated 3 year anniversary. Xxx

This forum does have a certain warm, fluffy feel to it. 

somehow, now I remember I haven't vacuumed today  :mellow:

EDIT: seriously though as somebody who doesn't speak English as her first language, what does "fluffy" mean in this sentence? 

somehow, now I remember I haven't vacuumed today  :mellow:

EDIT: seriously though as somebody who doesn't speak English as her first language, what does "fluffy" mean in this sentence? 

warm, cuddly,soft and very comfortable, like a thick bath towel straight out of the tumble dryer :P

oh gosh I have just read my very first post a.k.a intro thread :lol: somehow I played with the font style so much it shrunk to a microscopic barely readable size! I also saw my very first question thread which is unfortunately written in the same annoyingly-small font size. Truth be told, after that first question thread, I got a mini "panic attack" and ran away from the forum for a long time fearing I've said something offensive :shrug: I have JUST read the replies I got and gee I wish I didn't run :lol:

Liv, I have been here almost a year, in that time if I see your name I definitely read the post as you are lovely and I have enjoyed your experiences with the UN etc. You also live somewhere exotic which is interesting. I hope you stay with us when you busy being a student. Xxxx