Emma's Adventures.

Emma

On saturday I was off down to the heart of Kent to meet up with some old and new husky owners friends, and meet some new faces.  Been looking forwards to it for ages as haven't been to a husky meet in nearly a year!  Ice really needs the socialization, so it was a great opportunity to get back in the saddle.

I set off slightly late with the hubby and Ice (no room for more than one dog as our current run around is teeny tiny as it's a saab 9-3 convertible), and somewhere along the A20, admist 4 lanes of traffic, our car starts making a really loud noise and judders like crazy.  Hubby manages to find a safe spot to pull over and gets out to inspect the damage, noting a white van pulling up into the hard shoulder behind us.  He spots that our rear tyre has blown up (literally!  It's ripped apart!) and starts trying to change it for the spare (it's one of those space saver ones, very small and rubbish!).  Next thing I know, the white van has gone and a policeman's outside talking to Paul and they're chatting away about something and I'm thinking to myself "well, this is a bit weird".  After a few more minutes the jobs done and I can vaguely hear the police officer telling Paul to be aware of approaching traffic when he rejoins the traffic, and all that safety stuff they say.

Paul gets in the car and tells me he's just had an interesting conversation, apparantly the policeman spotted the white van pull up behind us and this made them pull over and stop.  The Van sped off and the police asked Hubby if we knew them.  When hubby said "No", the policeman said "well that's interesting.  We've had reports of a white van pulling up behind people who have broken down and acting susupiciously"  the policeman who was talking to Paul then called out to his partner and told him to radio in to get a teammate further down the road to stop the van!

I can tell you now, I almost wet myself!  I have no idea what the van wanted with us, but my guess is that it clearly wasn't going to be anything good!  

We continued on our way to the meet, off down the M20 and had a peaceful trip but as you can imagine I was buzzing a bit by now, adrenaline kicking in and my mind picturing all sorts.....mass murderers, kidnappers, you name it, I was thinking it, lmao.

Had a great meet, met some good people, then took a detour home via Rochester and Chatham to my cousin in law's garage to get a new tyre put on!  It was late by now and the garage was shut, it was proper spooky going in there all dark, and Ice by now was very uncomfortable.  We locked up the garage and checked the place for anything hazardous before letting him have a roam around the room.  He wouldn't leave my side.  If I moved, he moved.  And boy, did he moan.  Quiet whining eventually turned into full on complaining.....at the top of his lungs!  My ear drums are still recovering!  lol. 

But alls well that ends well.  We have a new tyre, nothing actually happened, and we're all safe.  :)

This was how I spent my saturday.  Why do these things always seem to happen to me?!  :erm:

Trust me I was at first.  Then I just got mad, lol.  I think that's mainly due to the fact I didn't get a chance to eat anything all day until 7pm, and only got my second cup of tea that day at the same time.  No tea makes me cranky, lol.  

No tea makes me cranky, lol.

Maybe that's my problem. I need to drink tea. Sounds like someone was watching over you on Saturday. Good thing the police stopped.

Makes a change for the police to be interested and around, as in my experience they are never there when you need them. Quite unnerving though :( There are some nasty pieces of work around!  Though of course it could be completely innocent, there are a lot of white vans on the road :)

:facepalm:  only you could set off to a plain and simple husky meet and end up almost getting kidnapped lol dont worry tho if it happens again they would soon bring you back no one as enough booze to keep you happy for that long :rofl:

all jokes aside glad ya all ok ;)

Pmsl!!! You're beginning to sound like Paul now. He said they wouldn't want me coz I'd give them too much earache! How very rude! Lol

Thanks everyone. I'm fine, was a bit freaked out at first but nothing actually happened so I'm just chalking it up to my usual bad luck and forgetting about it, lol. I'm sure the next meet will be just as dramatic, don't know how I manage it, honestly I don't! Lol

:facepalm:  only you could set off to a plain and simple husky meet and end up almost getting kidnapped lol dont worry tho if it happens again they would soon bring you back no one as enough booze to keep you happy for that long :rofl:

all jokes aside glad ya all ok ;)

:doglaugh:  :doglaugh: PMSL. ...........Glad your ok Emma.

Gary.