Turn Around

Stormy

So a couple weeks ago I was quite happy at work but I'vedone a ccomplete flip around now. I think my manager pretty much told me what I wanted to hear at first and has now changed. She has pretty much demoted me without telling me, I've been asked to go back into uniform (deputys don't have to wear uniform). I spoke to my hr manager and she told me that I'm just going to have a bit of extra time to learn what I need to that is out standing however my manager seems to have no intention of doing this and has got another deputy coming into the store .... So out goes my training and position straight away. I'm being told everything I'm doing wrong and nothing right and I am fed up of it now so I have just sent a long email to my hr manager explaining how I feel as I am not gonna sit back and let this happen as it is not fair. One I have a house to support and two I drive 20 milez to work and it's not worth it to be so UN happy for such anti social working hours!!

Moan over not sure that makes sense but I am not happy atall with work currently

One thing I did pick up on in that is your boss tells you what your doing wrong and not what your doing right. From her point of view thats a bad thing to do but from yours at least your told what to work on. No point in being told what you can already do, right? 

I do despair at the supposed managerial qualities of many managers who obviously get promoted for all the wrong reasons! It used to be bad back in the 70s/80s but then improved with proper training and leadership but that all seems to be going out the window in favour of reducing costs. And don't even think of getting me started on zero hours contracts! :angry:

Hopefully HR will take on board your comments and actually do something positive!

Positive reinforcement works with people too! I absolutely agree that a good manager should be telling you what you do well, and rewarding you for it, just as often if not more often than telling you what you need to work on. Happy employees who feel useful and appreciated are good employees!

Ok, they're clearly not going to win any awards for boss of the year. Have your duties actually changed? Ie becsuse they stuck you in uniform have you now been dumped back on the tills? Could it be that when they said they'd give you more time to complete your training they decided to go a bit overboard and give you a stupid amount of extra time? Maybe some crossed wires somewhere?

Will be interesting to find out what response you get back from the HR team.

:grouphug: