Could Be Getting A Second Husky

Alicia Doyle

Thanks a lot for all the advice we are nearly here now, I will let you know once I get a chance, we are meeting in a place where neither of them have been before so we will bring them for a walk then could be the city though which is a shame I have no idea what the place is like where the meeting place is like, I'll def be posting pics thanks again everyone I'll keep you posted! As for the house training I will do that thanks we have not crate trained penny and do not have crates neither has this dog been crated so we'll put them in deprecate rooms does that sound right?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not read through all of this before, but your question about "Is it too late to train". Answer is def not.

Koda when we got him was not crate trained. Now to say that is an understatement. He would physically pull his crate to peices to get out. He now "shouts" at me at night when its time for him to go to bed if his crate isnt open LOL.

Kimba, Kaiser and Koda have always been allowed on the settee in our house as was an old settee anyways and we realy didnt mind if they were on it or not. However Last year I bought a brand new one which cost a few thousand pound. They are now not allowed on any of the furniture in the living room at all. They have been trained they are not allowed and its working fine.

Cant teach an old dog new tricks = Old wives tail in my opinion. You can.

We've always had crates except for Diesel who was 8 stone at his heaviest & the most chilled out boy who never touched a thing, he would've needed a horse box  :lol:  but the others are crated & so are any huskies that come stay with us. We have 2 visiting for a week at the moment, so we have 5 crates altogether & yes, we too get dirty looks & shouted at if they can't get IN to their crates when they want some time out or it is bedtime 

ok im finally settled, they're getting on fine only for Kaiser being a typical male and penny hiding under the settee bed, here are some pics not many of them together as like I said penny hasn't really moved from under the bed....

1010553_10153884816310727_1177187642_n.j

1521822_10153884825665727_645174631_n.jp

1005915_10153884827170727_1281289617_n.j

1526243_10153885885055727_2005515048_n.j

1012938_10153886053580727_1358162815_n.j

1546093_10153886053955727_23118223_n.jpg

72952_10153886054280727_247392653_n.jpg the last one he is waiting for penny to come back in :-)

Congratulations, he's gorgeous.

I didn't have much trouble when I introduced Teo into our home, other than grumbles and the occasional scrap at feeding time.....I still don't feed them in the same room!!

However the first few weeks were tough as he would pester me at 5.30 to go out....luckily this stopped once he settled in as I certainly am not a morning person!

we were sleeping on the sofa bed last night in the living room so decided to let them both sleep with us, penny had taken shelter under the bed and at 1:30 am Kaiser decided he was a bit frisky lol, lets say he woke alan up and alan was not pleased he put him in the conservetary, at 6am alan got up and brought him to toilette, and he hadn't done anything during the night yey!  :yahoo: he seems to be catching on very fast or maybe its too early to say that lol