Damn Dentist :(

Bambi92

Hi all

Figured id share and see if anyone else has had the problem I do.

My wisdom tooth on the left bottom is coming through and my gun is swollen and sore as hell that's not the problem though I went an see a dentist today had an x ray done (finally after 15 mins of trying to get my piercings out lol) and as soon as I seen them I knew I was in for something painful.

My two bottom wisdom teeth are curled inside the gum and sitting on the main nerve on both sides and also almost right on top of my jaw bone again on both sides I was told I have to be knocked out to get all 4 pulled out and that there's a possibility that they could break my bottom jaw while trying to get them out because of how close they are to the bone.

I really wish she didn't tell me that because now I'm scared that its going to happen.

Anyone had this problem?

My brother had his wisdom teeth out because they curled as well and they broke it and some of its still there I'm hoping that doesn't happen though :(

Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

I had 4 out in the chair under sedation, I was awake but it was super-duper intravenous  stuff as I would have happily let them take my right arm if they wanted  LOL.

Anyway, I was about 24 and it was no drama at all. A little sore afterwards but really not much at all, basically a couple of panadol and you are fine. Don't stress it Laura it really is made out to be much worse than it really is.

I went to the dentist to see if they could pull my wisdom teeth (another dentist had suggested it). Besides the cost (~$400 per tooth), they said there is a possibility of completely losing the feeling in my lips and bottom mouth area for the rest of my life. So....nope. I practically ran out of there, all 4 wisdom teeth still intact. 
The top ones have grown in...still waiting for the bottom ones, its a long process...and when I get those days when my teeth just ache and ache...ugh.

My brother broke his jaw a few years ago (motorcycle accident), he had to live on a liquid diet for months and he was in constant pain even though he was given pain meds. And it was expensive to keep him fed...meal replacement drinks are about $3 each over here, and he needed atleast 5-6 of them a day to keep healthy.

I guess you have to weigh the value of the benefits vs the risk. Try getting a 2nd (and maybe a third) opinion, too. Are any of your other teeth at risk? Did you ask them what would happen if you didn't get them removed? Again, get a 2nd or a third opinion about this too. 

Thanks all to just get them checked privately its $190 but if I go through the hospital its free. A friend of mine has to have all 4 of hers out to and the cheapest she has been quoted is $2200 (not sure what that is in other currencies) I don't have that sort of money :(

I could hardly move my bottom jaw yesterday they numbed it and cleaned out the area but once that the numbing stuff wore off it hurt again, I've had it annoy me before but nothing like this hurts to talk and move i can't eat or drink properly it sux lol

Depending on what they say at the assessment appointment depends on what I do I most likely won't get that appointment for a few months if I can come up with the money I'll see the private one see what he says hate the whole waiting game though

Dunc has had this prob with his wisdom tooth - they managed to get it out, if you can try Orajel - you rub the gel on your gums and it numbs it - i've horrendous toothache at the moment and it's really helping x

Thanks I'll try that I have bonjela for my son see if that helps.

Hope your tooth feels better soon:)

Ouch. I had a brace when I was a teen which spread out my teeth, leaving no room for my wisdom teeth to come through so had them all taken out when I was asleep. early last year my son had one taken out also due to overcrowding. We both found that we were a bit sore for a few days and our faces bruised (mine swelled up too, lol). The bruising went through every colour of the rainbow then disappeared and everything was back to normal.

Ouch. I had a brace when I was a teen which spread out my teeth, leaving no room for my wisdom teeth to come through so had them all taken out when I was asleep. early last year my son had one taken out also due to overcrowding. We both found that we were a bit sore for a few days and our faces bruised (mine swelled up too, lol). The bruising went through every colour of the rainbow then disappeared and everything was back to normal.

Oh man I hope it doesn't do that I bruise really easy :( and it always looks ten times wore then it is lol

With the two ones coming through my bottom teeth have all moved and are now starting to overlap there were all nice and straight damn teeth I think she said I've was broken too

Ouch sounds very painful :/ hope the dentist is experienced and doesn't mess it up!

I'd be freaking out if they told me they might break my jaw bone, and expect me to pay for the procedure too lol

I'm pretty lucky, my wisdom teeth are all pretty much half way out and not causing me any trouble

Hope all goes well xx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Ouch sounds very painful :/ hope the dentist is experienced and doesn't mess it up!I'd be freaking out if they told me they might break my jaw bone, and expect me to pay for the procedure too lolI'm pretty lucky, my wisdom teeth are all pretty much half way out and not causing me any troubleHope all goes well xxSent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks x

Your lucky lol

Wish mine wouldn't cause problems