Hello From Lukas.

SavieandJesse

Hello. This is Lukas. He is now almost five months old. He is said to be a husky but when we took him to the vet they said he was husky malamute mix because he has back double dew claws. He's a very tame soul.

I'm Savie. I am 28 years old. I have type 3 Osteogenesis Imperfecta. It is a brittle bone disease that didn't allow me to grow past three feet or walk. I'm in a power chair. My boyfriend and I got Lukas in November because husky is our dream dog. Because of my brittleness and the fact everyone seems to think husks are hyper unable to be tamed dogs we got a lot of criticism from family and friends for choosing Lukas. We didn't care because we don't invest in stereotypes. We picked the shy dog that didn't come to us. We did our homework. I stay at home with him.

He is so gentle with me. He lovesssssss to wrestle with daddy and he is very social with other dogs. Him and my cat are working it out. Lol. He's Kennel and potty trained already. Has known sit from day one. The vet says he's a sweet boy. I love him.

Here we are day one.

post-11311-0-07336700-1389741450_thumb.j

Here we are a week later. He's a joker like me.

post-11311-0-31431000-1389741506_thumb.j

Here's just last week. post-11311-0-91463300-1389741541_thumb.j

Hi,m and daddy.

post-11311-0-21038900-1389741590_thumb.j

What a gorgeous boy! Welcome to the forum. Not to counter your vet, but I have seen Huskies with rear dew claws. Regardless, Lukas looks awesome.

Hi Savie, I meant to say hi yesterday but you sent me to Google with the comment about 'double dew claws' and I plain forgot to come back, sorry.  That's quite a pretty little one you have there.

uh, Mazz, double dew claws indicate that there is / are extra dew claws beside the normal one that many of us see (Sasha has rear dew claws).  Oddly, it's part of the breed standard of the Gran Pyrenees.  (( see, I really did go looking! ))

Edited by Al Jones

• 4 weeks later...