Sometimes Things Do Work Right

Removed #5

I've been commenting about Sasha's little problem with food aggression when I got her, but haven't really been sure whether we'd "worked it out" or not.  As I said one time, after she'd bit me the third time I was a bit concerned ( okay, scared ) about really putting it to the test.

Last night I went to get some ramen out of the cupboard and managed to knock my bottle of vitamins off the shelf - that wouldn't have been too bad, but apparently I hadn't put the top on tight so I had vitamin pills all over the counter with a few on the floor.  Of course Sasha comes into the kitchen with a look that says "What'cha doing dad??" Looked at one of the vitamins I hadn't picked up yet - "No!" and she left them.  Good Girl!  Even better, I had missed one and she picked it up - whether she dropped it because I told her to or because it dropped out when she broke it in half I don't know - I do know that when I reached right in front of her snout to pick it up all she did was look at me.

As I've said before, it just takes patience and they do learn - but it's the confidence that we're okay that really makes me feel good about her!

This is something that a lot of (especially new) Husky Owners don't get.

Huskies are Stubborn and take a Loooooooooong time to train to do things

especially things that go against their nature. . . . however.

It's awesome when the hard work pays off.

Good girl Sasha. and Well done Al'

:wave1:

That's great news! She's come a long way, great to hear when things go well as it gives the rest of us hope that one day we'll all get there ourselves. Ice will happily drop something rubbish when I ask but if he's picked up something good, I've got no chance, he'll run off and hide to eat it. Great he's not aggressive but not exactly what I had in mind, lol.