New!

kayleenegarrett

Hello friends! I am new to this website but wanted a place where I could get information from fellow husky homes. I currently have 2 male huskies, their names are Loki and Oz (or Ozzie /Oz man) possibly looking to get another one.

If I do and got another male do you think the 3 of them would get along just fine?

Here are some photos of my boys.

post-11318-0-99963700-1389891258_thumb.j

post-11318-0-03567400-1389891260_thumb.j

post-11318-0-30961500-1389891261_thumb.j

post-11318-0-49055700-1389891262_thumb.j

post-11318-0-51039000-1389891263_thumb.j

Hello, and welcome :)  Another Indiana member! 

I added a 3rd male husky to my pack last April, and they are getting along pretty well.  Do you plan on getting a rescue?  Are your other two neutered?  All of mine are, and Kodiak was a rescue between 2 and 3, and while him and Nikko did get into a few fights, they get along pretty well now.  They don't exactly play together too much, but they seem to tolerate each other lol.  My youngest husky, Yukon gets along with Kodiak and they play together very well.

If you get a rescue then I would suggest having a meet before you adopt first so you know if they are going to get along.  Even if they do at first, once they get home you might have some adjustment period.  I would suggest when you do bring him/her home, to remove all toys for a few weeks, and keep the newbie on a leash indoors, and always supervised. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask! 

Welcome to the forum.
Adding another isn't a science, It seems rarely to be about
whether the incoming dog is male or female
It's more about all of them, their personalities and temperaments.
I would recommend lots of meeting the new dog with yours on neutral ground and allow them to play
see if they get on well before bringing them anywhere near home.

post-1354-0-70052200-1389473934_thumb.jp

Thank you! Im not sure about where we would get one or if we will. Last night I was asked if we wanted to take another husky in, one that was found when we in Indy had the -40 temps. It was a 6m old boy. We were willing to take him in and give him a home but I didnt know how it would have worked with my 2 boys...but we were to late and he already found a new home.

My guys now get along very very well. I think it helps that Oz is very submissive for some reason.

We had a 3rd husky once, it was a female and she was very mean to Oz, so we werent able keep her. We were able to find her a forever home and I still keep in touch with her mom.

Is Oz the pure white one?  My Yukon is the submissive one in my pack.  He gets along with every dog!  At the dog park he is usually the one in the middle laying down LOL. 

Like Andy said, it has to do with the individual dog, and less if it is male or female.  If all are fixed I don't see any issues having 3 males, as mine do fine.  If you do decide to get a third I would just have them meet in a neutral place like Andy said and make sure they get along at first.

Good luck!

Oz is the white one. He is red and white. (very little red) Thats what I figured to do. :) I just wanted to see how other folks did with 3 guys. Both are def fixed. Before I got my Loki (black) I had always wanted just female dogs but these guys couldnt be better...well Oz could stop chewing, that would be great..lol! They are amazing if I do say so myself. lol

and thank you for all the welcomes!

Oh they are gorgeous. . Welcome to the pack x

I have 3 boys we rescued our third 2 years ago and worried about him fitting in when the two brothers we had were so close but they all get on great I think a lot depends on the first introduction and how you are with them then its down to them

Look forward to seeing you around the forum x

• 4 weeks later...