What Food Is Your Husky Obsessed With?

kchesney8

Tuff is OBSESSED with pizza.  He yells at the pizza guy for taking too long, and he talks to you until you give him some. He will sit and pick everything off that he doesn't like before he will eat it too.  Aspen is obsessed with bananas.  Frozen or plain she loves them.  I put frozen ones in my green juice every morning and if she hears you open the freezer she comes running.  Both of them love chicken pot pies and rice. I have to buy an extra one for them to share.  In their past lives I'm pretty sure Tuff was Italian and Aspen was a health nut.  LOL

What is your dogs food obsessions???

Cheetos, potato chips and chicharrones (fried pork rinds, nasty but OH) loves them. Mostly she loves food that is crunchy and salty. But honestly, she loves all food and even some things that aren't food.

Edited by Chula

Their favorite food is boiled  chicken, but they will go crazy over a few different things...

Cheetos

Kodiak and Yukon LOVE bread too! They will try to steal it from your plate!  I had a piece of bread sitting out and turned away to get my lunch meat and looked back and it was GONE!

Carrots

String Cheese

Anything really LOL

Suka ONLY likes salt water fish; and HATES freshwater fish.

Discovered that when I tried to feed him the leftovers of a fish I cleaned when up at the cottage, he wouldn't eat them. Thinking he was just being picky ("Why do I have to eat that stuff when I can steal the good stuff!"), I bought him a whole package of...fresh water smelts (they were on sale and were cheap). Nope, he turned his nose up at them. Picky bugger...

Now I have like 100 million smelt and can't do anything with them. :P

Tripe! Especially green tripe! They absolutely adore it!

They're never ever allowed any human food, mainly as it's not good for them but also to prevent them begging/stealing - so we can eat/snack and leave food around and they'll never touch it

I made the mistake with my last dog by giving her little treats of what I would snack on, chips (crisps) pizza crust etc and had 14 years of begging for whatever I ate whenever I ate. Never again. Ronin gets good quality foods and treats like a bully stick, ZiwiPeak, dried green tripe or a carrot to gnaw on. Nothing by hand from the table either. 

I really don't have a problem with people that like to give human treats to their dogs, but for me I want to avoid the problems that such feeding caused me previously  :)

I also don't like giving Dime "human treats", but I no longer trust company-made dog treats. So his treats are peanut butter, cheese, apple, natural yoghurt and milk biscuit. The yoghurt is actually a home remedy for diarrhea, but he LOVES the taste so I started using it for training treats :) he's crazy for all of them :D 

my 3 anything that can be chewed and swallowed. . . edible or not

They're not fussy

Anything they can get their teeth on!  Was making a sandwich the other day, had it on top of the crate with me right next to it, and Paul (hubby) was standing facing them in the doorway and chatting to me.  I turned my back to put down the mayo pot and in that split second, from their standing positions at either side of the crate they both swooped and each managed to get hold of a top layer of my sandwich!  I was left with two halves of a sandwich with no bread on top of it!  I was stunned!  lol.  They're not normally that bold!    

HA!  I love seeing what other dogs love.  I try to not give them too much people food but sometimes you just can't help it.  The garbage comment made my laugh, when we got Tuff he was always getting in the garbage, so we went and got one that you have to step on to put things in it and he figured that out in no time, so now there is a brick on top of the garbage.  LOL.