Bad Habit.

Emma

I have made a rod for my own back now.  Entirely my own fault and I hold  my hands up to that!

Basically this is what started things........

One saturday night, I was drinking wine with the other half, watching rubbish tv and sitting in chat.  Hubby went up to bed around midnight and left me to finish off the bottle (big mistake!) so fast forward to 2am and I was a bit the worse for wear and not particularly co-ordinated  *ahem* ok, ok, I admit it I was roaring drunk, lol.  Ice was laying on the sofa next to me and I had to get him out of the living room so I could close the dog gate and get to bed, however he wasn't in the mood to get down and I wasn't in a fit state to be messing around with him, so I went to the food bin and put a bit of kibble on the floor for him (well to be exact I staggered into the kitchen, grabbed a handful of kibble and threw them haphazardly around the hallway like confetti, lol).  Ice obviously came out and ate them, so I quickly shut the gate and went to bed.  Happy ending............not exactly!

Now everytime I want to get him to come out of the living room at the weekend,  he'll refuse unless I give him a treat, he'll even try his luck and do the same thing with coming in from the garden.  When he's outside in the lean-to refusing to come in, I just get behind him and slowly walk forwards, egging him on into the house, we get there eventually.  It's a bit harder when he's laying down, lol.  I once tried to slowly roll him off the sofa, so that he got the hint and got up off his own accord and that worked well.  However the next time, I didn't do it right and he ended up falling off the sofa and laying upside down with his four paws in the air.  With me laying next to him!  He gave me a filthy look and I figured maybe that wasn't the smartest move after all,

So yep, basically I've taught my own dog bad habits.   :facepalm:    

So the Huskies know that when you pop the cork on the bottle mum will do anything for them later.

However keep a little extra distance coz she might just stand on you while trying to navigate the room which for no good reason is spinning in silly circles.

So the Huskies know that when you pop the cork on the bottle mum will do anything for them later.

However keep a little extra distance coz she might just stand on you while trying to navigate the room which for no good reason is spinning in silly circles.

Pretty much sums it up. :D  However it's only Ice who does this as he won't go upstairs to bed until his human pack do.    Bear on the other hand couldn't care less, she goes up to bed regardless of whether we do or not.  lol.  

Must say, I don't realise I'm drunk at the time as the room doesn't spin when I stare at the laptop screen.  It's only once I look up at the room, it starts tilting, lol.  

:doglaugh: :doglaugh:    i cant help but laugh :facepalm: :facepalm:  emma drunk noooooooooooo that cant be right

Lmao!    Will you stop making me sound like I've got a drink problem!   :rofl:   

Pretty much sums it up. :D  However it's only Ice who does this as he won't go upstairs to bed until his human pack do.    Bear on the other hand couldn't care less, she goes up to bed regardless of whether we do or not.  lol.  

Must say, I don't realise I'm drunk at the time as the room doesn't spin when I stare at the laptop screen.  It's only once I look up at the room, it starts tilting, lol.  

Lmao!    Will you stop making me sound like I've got a drink problem!   :rofl:   

Drinking isn't the problem it's the after effects :D

Very true Andy. :)

Oh deary me.  What did I get myself into with this thread, lol.  What starts out as a dog based discussion, soon ends up with me looking like some hardcore drinker!  Just for the record, i'm a lightweight, lol.  It really doesn't take much,  :redface1:

Awwww.   Bless Shadow.  :D

yeah, I give Ice a treat for going into his crate and always have done,  That's our usual routine.   It's Just annoying that Ice has decided he needs to be rewarded for something he used to do naturally, lol. 

Very true Andy. :)

Oh deary me.  What did I get myself into with this thread, lol.  What starts out as a dog based discussion, soon ends up with me looking like some hardcore drinker!  Just for the record, i'm a lightweight, lol.  It really doesn't take much,  :redface1:

Excuse me, but I strongly believe that a whole bottle is indeed much :lmao:

Excuse me, but I strongly believe that a whole bottle is indeed much :lmao:

especially when it's this big

post-1354-0-57203600-1389961655_thumb.jp

I gotta laugh :rofl: especially at the part when you "didn't do it right" and ended up falling off the sofa along with the dog :rofl: :rofl: 

seriously though I was about to suggest to fold your arms, act like you don't know what he wants, and just call him. But then I decided that trick definitely won't work with a Husky so... 

when he's laying down, tap his sides or make upward motions (on his sides) several times so he'd get up. Then, if Ice is as stubborn as Diamond, you're gonna have to guide the dog to the crate by pushing behind the front legs  :rolleyes: warning: that 10-seconds trip can easily turn into a 60-seconds one.

OR you can cheat! ;) is Ice one of those dogs that came running at the sight of "The Almighty Leash"? :P well you know what to do  :P

This is cracking me up! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I love your wine glass...I need one like that, so instead of 5 glasses I can say I just had one! 

Anyway, I do the same thing with the pooches, I try to get them to come inside with treats and now they expect it!