Donating Items To Rescue Group Help!

Bambi92

Hi all

I'm looking at putting a basket full of goodies for a rescue group for Arctics.

They request flea treatments, collars, leads, toys ect

What would be good to put in? I was thinking about a heap of tennis balls, a few kongs (depending on price of them), collars but not sure what size to get, leads and if I've got enough a box or two of flea stuff I know it's not much but it will help them in some way.

What others toys would be for them?

What size and type of collar would be good keeping in mind they have huskies, mals, Akitas and mix breeds.?

Im not very good at putting things together I'm not very creative.

Thanks in advance for any ideas I know some people here are involved in rescues would be great to hear from you and what sort of stuff is worth giving to them :) if anyone knows who is involved in rescues could you please tag them be much appreciated :D

What a wonderful thing to do. We have an awesome rescue here in Utah that does amazing things for arctic breeds. I think anything you are willing to donate will be very much appreciated by the rescue and loved by the pups! I think most just get the basics needed to stay healthy while looking for thier forever home. Any type of treat or toy you donate will be a nice surprise for these dogs. :D

What a wonderful thing to do. We have an awesome rescue here in Utah that does amazing things for arctic breeds. I think anything you are willing to donate will be very much appreciated by the rescue and loved by the pups! I think most just get the basics needed to stay healthy while looking for thier forever home. Any type of treat or toy you donate will be a nice surprise for these dogs. :D

I have a list of 6toys and a 1kg of chicken jerky treats so far now just need a few leads and collars and maybe something for the hoomans as well would flowers and a box of chocolates or a cake be a good idea?

Laura you're an angel :wub: 

I'm following this Balinese rescue group on Facebook this is usually what they need:

1) Toys : anything BUT stuffed animals or any other toys with soft materials. I think we know why :lol: 

2) Collars: they always say "medium sized" but that's not very helpful is it :lol: I'd say grab an adjustable collar for large breeds :)

3) Humans' gifts: flowers, chocolates and cakes are WONDERFUL gifts :) especially if you put a little card there that says.. idk maybe "thanks for doing what you're doing" or something like that :)

Laura you're an angel :wub:

I'm following this Balinese rescue group on Facebook this is usually what they need:

1) Toys : anything BUT stuffed animals or any other toys with soft materials. I think we know why :lol:

2) Collars: they always say "medium sized" but that's not very helpful is it :lol: I'd say grab an adjustable collar for large breeds :)

3) Humans' gifts: flowers, chocolates and cakes are WONDERFUL gifts :) especially if you put a little card there that says.. idk maybe "thanks for doing what you're doing" or something like that :)

Thanks :) I've got mainly Kong sort of toys on the list so far at least they will last more then 5 mins lol the card is a great idea didn't think of that thanks :) the collars are hard to pick I stood in our local pet shop for half hour trying to find one that would fit Sasha because she broke Dozer's collar by pulling him around the yard with it so I had to put her one on him it just fits and I ended up getting a half check collar I think it was called but it doesn't have the chain like most. Not sure of they would be ok I might ask then which collars they prefer and what size saves getting ones they can't use lol

Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

I bought all the stuff today and sort of got in trouble because I spent more then I intended to ($290) ooopps don't let me loose in a pet shop lol

I bought a bunch of toys, 4 matching leads and collars.and a box of treats I think that's all I got I'll have to put it all together and take a photo :)

If the OH got it out of our new car will take photo tomorrow :)

Sent from my GT-I8530 using Tapatalk 2

Nyla toys are good strong chew toys too, huskies can't get through them too quickly but they aren't cheap either.

I bought mainly kong stuff I still have to go get some tennis balls for them they have a few dogs that love them. I'll take a photo of it all soon :)

This is all the stuff I've bought just have to get the tennis balls now :) and a basket to put it all in.

post-9013-0-44185400-1390171374_thumb.jp

Not the best photo and don't mind my sons toys in the background if there's any lol

There is 9toys, 4 leads and matching collars, a bowl and a box of treats

post-9013-0-24635200-1390171683_thumb.jp