Well Pee'd Off Pc Prob

valkyries

So hubby gets a new PC lucky him , I get his old one, well great I thought BUT it's not wireless ok so I'll just get a wireless USB  adapter problem solved. well you'd think wouldn't you, BUT this is me and it's not going to be that easy lol I can't put the adapter on because I don't have admin privileges so can't down load the settings for it, the best is hubby can't get admin access either so he can't do it lol kind of stuck here.  

So ok I decide till I can get that sorted I'll set it back to factory settings as I don't have to be online for that (yes marc I can do that all by my self) I wanted to do this, as I don't want all hobby's stuff on it so I'll start from fresh and I can set myself as admin.

But yet again no way, I need admin to set it back to factory settings. So I have a PC  with a nice large screen and it's neither use nor ornament to me, well p****d off at the moment  

Did a quick google and found this

Copied and pasted

Summary:

The problem is that in Windows 8 the Administrator is inactive by default, so you need to find a way to activate it. You can only activate the admin account as an admin, however. Luckily, (on my machine, anyway) it looks like you can access your hidden Administrator account from safe mode. So your first set of goals is going to be the following:
-boot in safe mode
-as the administrator, activate the very same adminstrator account. 
-reboot your machine and login as Administrator outside of safe mode (normal mode).

From here, you should be free to do as you wish. Now that the admin account is active, you are allowed to type a password when prompted (by default the password is left blank). For me, however, when I tried to promote my previous user account to administrator (among other tasks) I noticed symptoms that seemed to indicate that the account no longer existed. So I went through steps to set up a new personal account and get it synced with my microsoft account email. 
-Create a new user account
-give administrator rights
-delete my old (for some reason, hidden) account
-sync up my new user account with microsoft account email.

Instructions:

How to get admin access:
1.) Boot into safe mode. You can do this easiest by opening a command prompt (start menu -> type 'cmd'). And type "shutdown /r /o".
2.) You computer will begin to restart but give you a set of troubleshooting options. Choose Troubleshooting -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
3.) After restarting and entering safe mode, switch users by going to the start menu -> click your username -> and choose Administrator.
4.) Windows will begin the first-time initialization for this account.
5.) Once logged in, open the command prompt again, this time as an admin. (Right click -> Run as Admin).
6.) Type "net user Administrator /active:yes" To set the admin account as "active". It will now show up outside of safe mode.
7.) Reboot your machine and log in as the admistrator again. You can now add users and play with permissions etc. (The metro options are not available in safe mode, hence the reboot).

How to remove your old 'lost' account and sync your new account with microsoft account.
1.) Create a new account via the users section from the control panel. Be sure to give yourself admin rights.
2.) Delete your old lost account by typing "net user <username> /del" into an administrator command prompt. You need to know your old account name, good luck with this one.
3.) Go to your pc settings: Open the right-side context menu -> Settings -> "Change PC Settings".
4.) Go to users tab -> Select "Switch to a Microsoft Account".

Hope this helps!

Andy this one is windows 7 not 8 so can I still do it the same way ????

Yeah should be pretty much the same