I've Been Hacked!

Val (Zebedee)

Only my Tesco Clubcard account, but still ....

I went on my account yesterday as we're thinking of buying some electrical goodies & wanted to know what the deal was if I bought a TV, say. Do you get double the value of the vouchers like we do when booking a hotel or something. When I looked, it said I only had £15 left in vouchers. Now I know I had over £100 but couldn't work out what had happened.

I searched through & found the page where it shows you when & where you spent the vouchers, apparently I had spent £97 worth in a Tesco store in Scotland on 22 Dec just gone :jawdrop:

With it being a Saturday evening (about 5pm), I thought I'd look for a telephone number but would find they had closed, but no, Customer Services were open until 5.30pm. So I called them up.

Gave the usual security checks and after a bit of work, she confirmed the vouchers had been used. She could even tell they weren't used for an online shop, they were handed in in the store :@  She said the only thing she could think of was that my account had been hacked & there is an option to print out your vouchers.

There was no list of the voucher numbers but I have all the vouchers here in my bag. She told me to change my password, that should prevent any further misuse.

She is arranging for the value of the used vouchers to be reissued to me and I will receive them in the February batch run, but someone has had almost £100 worth of free Christmas Fayre in Wishaw, Scotland .... I hope they had a touch of food poisoning from it - nothing too serious, just a day or 3 permanently on the toilet!!! :mouthshut:

That indeed is a bummer (want to say something stronger) and I do hope they have the runs for 6 days....

why is it that some people think it is ok to steal somebody elses things...

If they did you they probably did others as well. they would have had a lovely free christmas

Everything from food to presents paid for by Others

I know, Tesco could have said basically "you could have holidayed in Scotland over Christmas & used the vouchers yourself" type of thing, but I promise we didn't (I was in work the next day anyway, lol) so I'm not losing out but that is pretty low.

I wouldn't mind, I couldn't tell you the last time I looked in to my account, I normally just present the vouchers at the check out - I'd have been a bit embarrassed at the till then being told they've already been spent!