Glasses

BingBlaze n Skyla

Ok so went for an eye test today<br />Got a prescription for them however it's only small , so not a desperate need for them was told I would only need them for concentrating on stuff (reading etc) but I'm not in any desperate need for them<br /><br />So my question is . Would u get them anyway or would u wait n see how you go? (prescription lasts 2 years)

Drug stores in the states sell cheaters or reading glasses. No prescription needed. I have several pairs, two at work, three at home, and one in the truck. They are at the places I use them, so I don't have to carry them around or wear them all the time. Might look at something like getting a pair of those if you can. They are fairly cheap. Like less than $20.

Drug stores in the states sell cheaters or reading glasses. No prescription needed. I have several pairs, two at work, three at home, and one in the truck. They are at the places I use them, so I don't have to carry them around or wear them all the time. Might look at something like getting a pair of those if you can. They are fairly cheap. Like less than $20.

some of our supermarkets sell these here for just a few pounds. It gives you a sheet of varying sized letters to read with the glasses on so you know you're getting the right strength

some of our supermarkets sell these here for just a few pounds. It gives you a sheet of varying sized letters to read with the glasses on so you know you're getting the right strength

That is ok ..IF the vision in both your eyes is of the same strength. but if one is stronger than the other , this could put undue strain on the other. If you don't think your eyes are that bad, then wait a few months, before you put the prescription in .or even get a retest after a few months. IMO Eyes are precious,  Vision is precious  ..how important is it to you ?

As Mike has already said your eyesight is precious. If both eyes are the same prescription I would be buying the shop sold ones. The price is so low it doesn't break the bank. The optician will charge you ridiculous amounts of money for the same thing. If however they are different then you don't have a lot of choice. It is then decision time. Your eyesight could be failing because your eyes aren't working hard enough. In this instance six months is not a long time to try and improve your sight.  You can either wait the six months and try to improve the sight or you can get the glasses as prescribed. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Gary.

Mine is only a slight deterioration, but I bought my prescription glasses 5 years ago and my eye sight has hardly changed. I'm not sure if I would be saying the same thing though if I hadn't bought them. Our eyes are very previous x

LASIK!

Yeah, I had this 10 years ago, best thing I ever did. 

In regards to getting specs sooner rather than later, - unless of course you are suffering with head aches and eye strain. I would hold off as long as possible. Strength needed will creep up over time 

I have reading glasses I should wear them when using comp or trying to concentrate on things but I hardly wear them and I'm paying for it I've got constant headaches and always have sore eyes I probably should get them checked again.

If you wait you might be better off but at the same time if your getting headaches its better for you to get them

I got to 40 without needing glasses, then I found I was holding books etc further and further away just to focus on what I was reading. So eventually I got an eye test and it came back I needed glasses, though only just.

Since wearing them, you know for close up stuff, I've found my eyesight has gotten worse and now I really depend on them. I think you are a lot younger than me, so personally I would hold off using them because in my opinion your eyes become lazy.

I got to 40 without needing glasses, then I found I was holding books etc further and further away just to focus on what I was reading. So eventually I got an eye test and it came back I needed glasses, though only just.

Since wearing them, you know for close up stuff, I've found my eyesight has gotten worse and now I really depend on them. I think you are a lot younger than me, so personally I would hold off using them because in my opinion your eyes become lazy.

:happyditto: Same thing happened to me :(

ooh nix you need to post a pic of you in glasses! :P

seriously though after hearing that the strength of your eyes are uneven I'm glad to hear you decided to get a pair. Over time the stronger eye might grow stronger and the weaker grow weaker as well  :o this is what happens to me. I see fine without glasses. I never experience headache or any discomfort. BUT cover my left eye and I'd be practically blind :shrug: I call my left eye "the good eye" and the right one "the bad eye" :lol: