Indoor Skydiving: I Did It!

BlueWolf

My dad and I finally did it today and it was GREAT!  :lol:
It's quite the experience! At first we had a short introduction to what we were about to do and a quick lesson in the gestures our instructor would give us and what we were supposed to do. We both did it 5 times, 1 minute each. And let me tell you that's long enough! Being in the wind tunnel is basically trying to balance on a 3 feet long pencil. Very unstable and one sudden movement and you're suddenly somewhere else. But once you get the hang of it you'll be able to do some basic things like turning around, going forwards and backwards, up and down while basically floating around in a big chamber. The instructor was always there for us and helped us when needed but also let of freely float around a couple of times. We had a great time, even though my dad made a few crashes into the glass window  :rofl:

We got a dvd of our skydiving. I'll post the video here once I got it uploaded. I'm sure you will all be laughing at us (I did too  :rofl: ) but let me tell you you'll have to do it yourself to fully understand how hard it actually is!

Well, here it is!

If it's too long, here are some interesting moments:

3:00 - I learn to get up and down and turn on command

7:05 - Trying to hit targets

7:25 - Trying to get as low as possible

8:15 - Not sure how he managed to do THAT! :lol: All was fun, nobody was hurt

9:25 - Going as high as possible with some help! This thing is three stories high to give you an idea of height.

11:05 - My dad trying to walk across

11:20 - Instructor is now just showing off!

I'm just giggling myself rewatching this. You can easily spot the trained and untrained ones   :rofl: